Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD to get full body scanners

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
According to the article, the huge economic stimulus package passed last year is being used to fund this perverted "security" garbage at ORD.

I would rather have this money spent on funding unemployment than funding another expensive toy for the expensive government workfare program known as the TSA to use on and against innocent men, women and children.
I guess it all depends on who makes the equipment. It wouldn't be my favorite way, either.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Has anyone actually gone through this machine?

If so, did you have to remove belts / shoes / jackets ?

oops, nevermind.
looks like we still have to remove all that, based on the trib article.
totally skipping the scanner.
if the scanner can't see through your shoes/jacket, what good is it?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by izzik
Has anyone actually gone through this machine?

If so, did you have to remove belts / shoes / jackets ?
At DFW, it's right after the WTMD, so those "selected" for additional harassment who did not tell their harasser to go pound sand went into the machine shoeless and jacketless. Not sure about beltless...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff
At DFW, it's right after the WTMD, so those "selected" for additional harassment who did not tell their harasser to go pound sand went into the machine shoeless and jacketless. Not sure about beltless...
Which terminal? Was in A recently (did not see WBI) and should be in C later this week. Will be on the lookout.

Likely the International Terminal, gotta treat our visitors like criminals.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Which terminal? Was in A recently (did not see WBI) and should be in C later this week. Will be on the lookout.

Likely the International Terminal, gotta treat our visitors like criminals.
Correct. DFW D is where these disgusting contraptions and their handlers reside.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Spiff
Correct. DFW D is where these disgusting contraptions and their handlers reside.
I always saw MMW machines is in the terminal 4 at checkpoint B/D gates. I know another MMW is already deployed at security checkpoint in JAX from last few years ago. I was there in JAX for a few hours where I visit to see my old friends by old schools.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.