Wiki Posts
Search

Cingular GSM Phones Locked!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2004, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAEXPLAT, HHonors Silver, Skymiles, Dividend Miles
Question Cingular GSM Phones Locked!

When I travel to other contries I'll rather use a pre-paid SIM Card instead of using Cingualr because the Roaming Rates International are more expensive than a Sattelite Call!

Motorola V-600 Unlock Code where do I get this?
Old Aug 27, 2004, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold
Actually, world phones from cingular should be unlocked. Have you tried to put in another carrier's (t-mobile, At&t) sim card? If it is locked it would display "enter unlock code".

To get the unlock code from cingular you need to be out of contract. Send a e-mail to [email protected] with your phone's IMEI and contact info.

Otherwise you should use a unlocking service such as http://gsmliberty.com but proceed with caution.

Warning: Do not try to enter unlock codes more than 5 times as your phone may become permanently locked!

FYI: AT&T never gives out the code, T-mobile does it after you've been a customer for 90 days.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAEXPLAT, HHonors Silver, Skymiles, Dividend Miles
Thumbs up Thanks again you guys are too much!

Originally Posted by wyseson
Actually, world phones from cingular should be unlocked. Have you tried to put in another carrier's (t-mobile, At&t) sim card? If it is locked it would display "enter unlock code".

To get the unlock code from cingular you need to be out of contract. Send a e-mail to [email protected] with your phone's IMEI and contact info.

Otherwise you should use a unlocking service such as http://gsmliberty.com but proceed with caution.

Warning: Do not try to enter unlock codes more than 5 times as your phone may become permanently locked!

FYI: AT&T never gives out the code, T-mobile does it after you've been a customer for 90 days.

Seriously! Thank you this is very Helpfull Information! ^ ^
Old Aug 29, 2004, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
I know that some prepaid cell phone companies in Taiwan provide free unlocking service if you purchase prepaid service from them. The prepaid rate is inexpensive in Taiwan plus all incoming calls are free.
You might find a prepaid sim card provider that is willing to unlock your phone for free.

Last edited by flyinglan; Aug 29, 2004 at 5:30 pm
Old Sep 5, 2004, 6:20 pm
RCC

Originally Posted by flyinglan
I know that some prepaid cell phone companies in Taiwan provide free unlocking service if you purchase prepaid service from them. The prepaid rate is inexpensive in Taiwan plus all incoming calls are free.
You might find a prepaid sim card provider that is willing to unlock your phone for free.
would you happen to have a web site for a place to buy these phone cards form taiwan?

Thanks,

Ric
Old Sep 7, 2004, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by RCC
would you happen to have a web site for a place to buy these phone cards form taiwan?

Thanks,

Ric
What kind of phone do you have now? What country's do you need service? I have three phones one US, UK and EC and Japan and may have some info for you.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 7:54 pm
RCC

Originally Posted by BDLORD
What kind of phone do you have now? What country's do you need service? I have three phones one US, UK and EC and Japan and may have some info for you.
I have a nokia 3100 currently, my service carrier is cingular.

I will be travelling to Europe, specifically Paris, Frankfurt, London & Vienna.

Any info/help is gladly welcome.

Ric
Old Sep 8, 2004, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question

Originally Posted by RCC
I have a nokia 3100 currently, my service carrier is cingular.

I will be travelling to Europe, specifically Paris, Frankfurt, London & Vienna.

Any info/help is gladly welcome.

Ric
How long have you been with Cingular?
What country will you land in? I can then tell you more.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:03 am
RCC

How long have you been with Cingular?
What country will you land in? I can then tell you more.
Ive been with Cingular for about 11-12 years, I forgot all the company names it was before cingular...several acquisitions/mergers etc...

I will land in Austria (Vienna to be exact).

Thanks,

Ric
Old Sep 10, 2004, 10:25 am

Programs: UA/1K/HHDiamond
Cool Egypt Trip

Originally Posted by flyinglan
Just purchased a V600 with AT&T and would like to unlock the phone. When I switched they said it could be unlocked after I have been with them for about four months. Did I believe that - sure! Anyway, does anyone know where I could buy a sim card for this area? I have no problem going to the mentioned site and paying to unlock the phone. Thanks in advance.
Susan
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by RCC
Ive been with Cingular for about 11-12 years, I forgot all the company names it was before cingular...several acquisitions/mergers etc...

I will land in Austria (Vienna to be exact).

Thanks,

Ric
Does your Nokia have a Sim card? If it does Send an email to: [email protected]
I think T-Mobil will work with your service. The only problem I see is that you will be buying a German Sim and with a "pay as you go" service you can't top up after you leave Germany. I had this problem with an O2 sim that I could only top up in the UK.
How long will you be in Europe and the UK? It may be better for you to use the phone you have so you can keep your number for people to reach you.
I would call Cingular and ask them if they have a International plan. It may be cheaper and easier in the long run.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:24 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sfoflyer47
Just purchased a V600 with AT&T and would like to unlock the phone. When I switched they said it could be unlocked after I have been with them for about four months. Did I believe that - sure! Anyway, does anyone know where I could buy a sim card for this area? I have no problem going to the mentioned site and paying to unlock the phone. Thanks in advance.
Susan
AT&T are big fat liars. I have been with them since 1996. I had a couple phones that were old Siemens S46 that I wanted to unlock for employees to use in the UK and they wouldn't help me. I paid a guy 10 pounds to do it in Camden.
Try ebay or when you get to the UK you can buy a sim card at just about any phone store. Just make sure you operate on the same Bands.
Good luck.
Also try this website.

http://www.gsmlocker.com/unlock-software.asp?id=3
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:50 am

Sim for Egyt

AT&T are big fat liars. I have been with them since 1996. I had a couple phones that were old Siemens S46 that I wanted to unlock for employees to use in the UK and they wouldn't help me. I paid a guy 10 pounds to do it in Camden.
Try ebay or when you get to the UK you can buy a sim card at just about any phone store. Just make sure you operate on the same Bands.
Good luck.
Also try this website.

http://www.gsmlocker.com/unlock-software.asp?id=3
I'm going to Egypt and wondered if there was a way to buy a sim card through the internet for this area? Also how do I find out about operating on the same bands???
Thanks
Susan
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by sfoflyer47
I'm going to Egypt and wondered if there was a way to buy a sim card through the internet for this area? Also how do I find out about operating on the same bands???
Thanks
Susan
Good luck! Egypt is 900 MHz Vodaphone sims can be bought on line or EBay
http://www.vodafone.com.eg/

http://www.vodafone.com.eg/JSP/busin...ServiceID=3096
Old Sep 10, 2004, 1:03 pm

Good luck! Egypt is 900 MHz Vodaphone sims can be bought on line or EBay
http://www.vodafone.com.eg/

http://www.vodafone.com.eg/JSP/busin...ServiceID=3096
Thanks for the info! This is great!
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.