Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sprint/NWA 40,000 mile promo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2001, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Sprint/NWA 40,000 mile promo

I signed up for this promo (and it is reflected on my bill with a $2 credit for the service plan). I received my first statement about 2 weeks ago but the first group of bonus miles has yet to post. Does anyone know how long this takes to happen? Has anyone had mileage post yet.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 11:07 am

I signed up for this plan, and my first 5K in miles have already credited. Sometimes, you will know before the miles are credited as Sprint charges a FF tax of approximately $1 per 1K in miles recieved. Thus the months that your miles are credited, your bill will be about $5 higher.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by smk219:
I signed up for this promo (and it is reflected on my bill with a $2 credit for the service plan). I received my first statement about 2 weeks ago but the first group of bonus miles has yet to post. Does anyone know how long this takes to happen? Has anyone had mileage post yet.

Thanks in advance.
</font>
Old Oct 6, 2001, 9:51 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
I signed up for the Sprint plan (and also WP membership) the first week of September. Then thought I'd wait a while before checking my WP statement. So today I checked it and WOW, the 5000 miles were already in it (dated 9/13/01). Pretty impressive :-)

Old Oct 6, 2001, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I just checked my account again and the miles have posted. Miles also posted for the calls that I made. Additionally, yesterday in the mail I received a mailer from Sprint explaining when the miles would be posted to the account. (Proof in the event that the miles stop posting!!! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif.

Thanks again,

Stuart
Old Oct 6, 2001, 7:31 pm

I signed up later in the month and I received my welcome package the other day. It said I would be receiving one of those cards explaining how the miles would be credited shortly.

I haven't gotten a statement yet, so I don't have any miles, but I am waiting anxiously.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 7:41 pm

I got a welcome packet - but it didn't say anything about the miles and when they would post. But over the weekend 5000 miles posted on my NW acount, with an activity date of 9/13.
Old Oct 10, 2001, 4:38 pm

I got my bill today. Instead of charging me 7 cents a minute to Canada, they charged me $1.28 per minute. I had called before signing up to ask them if Canada was included at 7 cents a minute. They said yes it was included. They were willing to take $150 off of my $280 bill. I told them it should of been a $14 bill. I have stopped doing business with Sprint.
Old Oct 11, 2001, 1:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mattkofsky:
Instead of charging me 7 cents a minute to Canada, they charged me $1.28 per minute. I had called before signing up to ask them if Canada was included at 7 cents a minute. They said yes it was included.</font>
It seems to me that this is one of those "show me the writing" types of issues. The terms of the offer clearly indicate that only U.S. calls are covered at the 7 cents a minute rate. The various offers and paperwork advised signing up for an international program if calls other than within the U.S. were contemplated.

I wouldn't take the word of some nameless person on the other end of a phone for anything pertaining to money, unless he/she could point me to where I could verify it. The risks are too great.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 6:57 am

Unfortunately, I found the actual service very poor. My international calls were so full of static - that I am going to have to change. Ah well - 5000 miles at least.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 7:21 am

Could someone in CA who has already received some bonus miles from this 40k promo, please tell me what their plan is called online with sprint's account manager @ http://www.sprint.com/myaccount/ld/ ? I'm looking specifically for "sprint 7c anytime" or "sprint simple 7 california". Thanks in advance http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Oct 13, 2001, 3:16 am
mypriceline.com

I realized with this offer its better to switch from At&t and mci back and forth. You'll prob earn just as many miles compaed with the extra cost sprint charges and the quality../.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.