Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Phone Programs/Partners > Phones Programs/Partners
Reload this Page >

Sprint Rewards will drop low-billings members in September AND FORFEIT THEIR POINTS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sprint Rewards will drop low-billings members in September AND FORFEIT THEIR POINTS!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2000, 5:43 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

I called Sprint Rewards today about a different matter, and the customer service rep warned me that come September they will do a "sweep" and drop all members whose average monthly billings are under $50. I asked what would happen to my points and she said they would be forfeited.

Therefore, it behooves Rewards members who are at risk of this either to cash in your points before September, or start making more long distance calls!
Old Apr 27, 2000, 8:57 pm

Programs: Northwest-millionair; Marriott, lifetime gold
What "points" will they remove ? How can they cause me to "forfeit" ff miles that have already been added to my ff account ?
Old Apr 27, 2000, 10:42 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, United PE, Marriott Platinum
By August I should have all my 25K miles posted to my WP account so no chance they will be able to 'redeem' them from my WP account!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

I do have to compliment Sprint though that after running their 25K promo for about a year that they yet figured out how many customers they have just for the miles and not for their outstanding (customer) service.

[This message has been edited by BA Fan (edited 04-27-2000).]
Old Apr 28, 2000, 12:35 am
Suspended

Points are different than miles. It's a different program. Call Sprint and find out.
Old Apr 28, 2000, 1:32 pm

i believe johna is referring to the SPRINT REWARDS program and not their awarding of frequent flyer miles.. SPRINT REWARDS was orinally designed for "Sprint Gold" members who spent in excess of $50 on their monthly long distance charges.. it awards 7 points for every dollar spent which is then redeemable for cash or FREE TICKETS.. ticketed directly through their travel center with (as far as i know) no restrictions other than a 14 day advance purchase.. (i.e. no blackouts, maximum ticket prices, etc.) although they don't allow upgrading of the tickets unless you pay the cash value difference between the lowest fare they find and the upgraded ticket price..

johna: thanks for the info.. while i used to be a high volume customer my usage has since dropped below the $50 minimum..
Old Apr 30, 2000, 8:46 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, United PE, Marriott Platinum
THanks for the explanation Juuceman.
Old May 2, 2000, 10:39 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

juiceman is correct, both as to the program I was refering to (points, not miles), and to the limitations on their free tickets (no upgrades, no miles). I just cashed in 3/4 of my points for a freebie come December SFO/EWR roundtrip. For the same points I could have gotten three tickets at $100 off (with upgrades and miles), but since you have to be an active member at the time you book (have to use their travel agency) I didn't want to count on identifying that many qualifying trips in time.
Old May 5, 2000, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Sprint Rewards is a pretty good program because a few years ago I was able to pick up 3 UA RT's that had no Saturday night stay restrictions. I haven't looked lately to see if that has been changed, but at that time those tix were worth serious dollars to me.
Old May 5, 2000, 12:23 pm

i'm pretty sure that they have placed some restrictions on the tickets since then.. now a 14 day advance purchase and a saturday night stay is required.. but still.. no blackout dates and no other restrictions (ie: maximum ticket price) that i'm aware of make it a decent program.. that and the fact that they give you 10,000 bonus points for every year you remain make it a pretty good deal..
Old Sep 15, 2000, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Actually I get 20 points for every dollar and I believe that is the norm now. I need some specific advice and will post after a more thorough search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.