Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MCI unlimited plan for multiple lines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2004, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

New MCI unlimited plan for multiple lines

I cancelled MCI last week because I was sick of poor cusomer service. Today, I got a call from them asking me to come back and offering me "a plan so new that it has not been offered to the general public."

The plan is $24.99 a month for unlimited calling anywhere in the US at any time on all of up to 10 phone lines. They offered to pay my switch fees and give me the plan virtually free the first 2 months by sending a $50 certificate. So while there are no miles with this deal, I could save a lot of money. I put 3 landlines on the plan and was told I could also add cell lines with Verizon and Cingular.

I tried to add my 2 new cell lines from Verizon because MCI would have let me use them for unlimited minutes of long distance (but NOT local calls or roaming) too. That didn't go through smoothly, apparently because I just signed a new contract with Verizon. But even just for the landlines this should save me at least $20 a month.

So quit MCI! It only took them like 5 days after I left to offer this.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 11:28 pm

Spill the details please. I am curious, as I have MCI. The Neighborhood.

No miles, don't mind that. However does it include features? Caller ID? Voicemail? I'm canceling MCI immediately.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 5:35 am
Original Poster

I don't know anymore than what I posted. I don't use MCI for the other services that you mention so I have no idea if they would be included. But worth a try! They seemed willing to give me whatever I needed to make the deal. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Jan 27, 2004, 8:01 am

I recently cancelled MCI's Neoghborhood plan. While $50 sounded great for local and long distance, taxes brought my bill to $75 - $80. I live in Virginia and I am sure it varies state by state.

I had also signed up through Southwest Airlines and was hoping to get the 8 credits for using MCI. I only got 4 credits since I quit. No worries, it wasn't worth it for me.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 11:13 am

I agree NICEDUDE. I was thinking of canceling my account too. $80 is my avg too. I managed to get 16,000 NW Miles. So for me it was worth it :-)

In terms of that $25 plan, they told me it was a new unlimited long distance only plan. And it did not include the features and local service. Is that right? I called them immediately and was very annoyed, then felt a little silly when she explained what it was.

Just checking anyway, sometimes companies will say anything just to get you off the phone.

Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

I am getting the feeling there is something missing here. I live in a small town (population 318 I am told) nearly 200 miles from the city. The phone company is a little tiny building out on the mesa near here... I get all my "features" from them and not MCI. The MCI plan was unlimited long distance calling including instate (every business we would call is long distance from here) for up to 10 phone lines. For me, that is a great deal. I was paying MCI like $100 a month just to have a couple thousand minutes on 2 lines, and now I can have unlimited on all 3 of my lines for a quarter of the price, so that's great for me. Sounds like people in other areas have much better offerings to begin with than we have here...
Old Feb 3, 2004, 6:54 am

You're right Steffo. Unfortunately prices vary from cities. Take T-Mobile, for $39.99 in some states you get 1,000 Anytime Min whereas in most you only get 600. A little annoying, if you ask me.

Give them a call and see. Also remember this plan is probably just a plan in the works. When The Neighborhood materialized, it rolled up in January 2002 to very select customers in certain areas, and then launched nationally May 2002.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.