5 cent Saturdays 800 number?

Old Dec 10, 99, 12:51 pm
jmc
Original Poster

5 cent Saturdays 800 number?

Hey folks...about a year ago there was an 800 number you could call to get 5cent Saturdays. I've searched the boards and my old emails, and can't find the number. Anyone have it?

thanks!
Jill
Old Dec 10, 99, 1:01 pm
jmc
Original Poster

found it. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif thanks
800-730-7584
Old Dec 10, 99, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A good amount of excellent advice is given in: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001535.html . In a nutshell, dialing 10-10-636-1 and then your interstate number gives you 5 cents/min 7/24 in most states. No fixed monthly charges either. If you don't wish to do that, many other plans are listed for your consideration if you wish to do a little research.

Billings have been accurate and my savings in a couple of months are over $400. Good Luck!!!
Old Dec 11, 99, 4:39 pm

I've been using the 1010636 after reading about it on here too. I give it a thumbs up. MCI miles on their 5 cents a minute days & 1010636 all other times. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Dec 26, 99, 2:18 pm

You can also get 5cent Saturdays, you just have to call up and request it from MCI and they will place it on your account. 5 cent weekends is a big help, and no extra numbers to dial!
Old Dec 27, 99, 3:58 pm

I use MCI's online plan. 9 cents / minute anytime, 5 cents / min. Sundays; bill to credit card (= more miles); no paper bill, I receive an e-mail with a link to the site with my statement.

Out of the blue, they sent me an e-mail last week informing me that I now get 5 cents/min on Saturdays starting on Christmas. This is ongoing, not a short-term promo.

Nice move.
Old Jan 25, 00, 12:15 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
5 cent Saturdays is for any MCI plan just for the asking. E-mail or call. It applies to that $5.00 minimum.

------------------
DtG
Old Feb 6, 00, 11:54 am

Don't forget about Bigzoo.com...it's only 3.9 cents per minute 24/7. I got that tip on here months ago, went to their site and have used it ever since. I have MCI 5 cents sat's and use Bigzoo on all other calls. you have to pay it in advance in increments of $5, 10, 20 or $50. You pay by using your credit card, but it's so simple to use and there's no monthly charges at all. you can call anywhere in the us to any where in the world...but the 3 cents only applies to the 48 conti...states. Make sure you use a landline phone...if you use a payphone the fist minute is like 30 cents. but seriously, where are you going to get it any cheaper on a optic fiber line? Good luck.
Old Feb 6, 00, 1:18 pm

Playhard - where can you do better than that? Well, how about free? Yes, you have to use your computer to dial-out, but it can call anywhere in the USA... There was a long thread about this somewhere on FlyerTalk... The company and information can be found at http://www.dialpad.com/

I've used this on my high-speed cable access internet line to call friends (on their regular phones) throughout the USA. Works great - I haven't paid for long distance calls in about 2 months now.
Old Feb 6, 00, 9:03 pm

PlayHard.....I get an error message using www.bigzoo.com. Is this the correct address?
Old Feb 6, 00, 10:28 pm

MilesNut - that link worked fine for me just now.
Old Feb 7, 00, 6:24 pm

Thanks Keithnj973. I just got on with no problems.
Old Feb 7, 00, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
It was I who mentioned bigzoo awhile back after reading about it on some e-mail newsletter. It's great for IN-STATE calls which are 10 cents on Sat and Sun with MCI and 20 cents during the day. This is 3.9 cents ALL the time, and NO ADDED taxes. But the pay phone charge is 55 cents, so unless you KNOW you will be on the phone a long time, it isn't worth it. In the beginning I would often get a busy signal and couldn't get into the 800 number, but things have improved considerably. Also, you have to use the money in the account in 3 months unless you add to the account, so isn't good to charge too much unless you really know you will use. Also you can see the prinout of your calls IMMEDIATELY at their web-site. Now if MCI could do that!!

------------------
DtG
Old Feb 8, 00, 10:51 am

Thank you Dgordon it's a great deal. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif I see you live in the Chicago area too. Do you know anything about dialpad.com? We have so many area codes here & caller ID is picking up a 708 number when I use dialpad.com. I live in 630 & I'm wondering if I'm going to be charged local long distance on my calls. That will cost me more than long distance. Have you tried it?
Old Feb 8, 00, 3:11 pm

Location: Lakeside, AZ, USA, in the beautiful White Mountains of Eastern Arizona (Home airport SOW; Major airports PHX/ABQ)
Programs: UA, MR
ontheroad: The MCI online plan is now .07/minute. They didn't automatically switch me, so I thought I'd pass this along.

------------------

The only difference between ordinary service and extraordinary service is a little EXTRA.

-- Bob

Search this Thread
Search Engine: