Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NO MORE MILES W/ PHONE COMPANIES AFTER DEC. 1???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 1999, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

NO MORE MILES W/ PHONE COMPANIES AFTER DEC. 1???

I just got a phone call from an ATT rep trying to get me to change to ATT. When I told him that "my thing is miles" he said "well, have you heard that after tomorrow (december 1st) none of the phone companies are going to be giving out miles anymore because of an FCC ruling that's taking effect?"

I couldn't (and can't) believe it, but it's scary that I thought I'd just run it by here and see if anyone has heard anything like this and whether it could be true!!

Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 1999, 5:56 pm

Just checked MCI and FCC web sites, with no mention that I could find in either place.
Old Nov 30, 1999, 7:54 pm

The phone people lie to get your business!

I have the MCI AAdvantage plan with my business lines. Same deal 5 miles per dollar on American.

Another company tried to get me to switch and I said I don't care how cheap you are...no miles...no deal.

The phone rep responded "I have you on a recorded line" like she could somehow get me in trouble.
Old Dec 2, 1999, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aflyer, I got the same sting by an ATT girl pulled on me about 3 months ago. Hung up and called MCI right away: they strongly denied it and up to today my miles are coming in regularly.

Really poor on ATT's behalf because I was always happy with them before. But, once they kicked UA out, they kicked me out too.

Given the not too great service on MCI I would strongly reconsider if they were to reinstitute mileage earning possibilites.
Old Dec 2, 1999, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Maybe what they meant was the end of the 25K bonuses. I recommended the bonus programs Z25A, Z25C, and Z25D to a few friends. One of them called MCI recently and couldn't get it. I called the partnership desk today and they said that these three programs were no longer available.
Old Dec 2, 1999, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Maybe the AT&T sales reps are hoping to capitalize on the limited amounted of confusion introduced by the excise tax on bonus frequent flier miles? (Grrr.)
Old Dec 8, 1999, 12:52 pm

I signed up two cell phones for long distance only with MCI yesterday and was promised the 25K bonus each time. All I had to do was mention the Z25D and Z25C codes and explain that I was with MCI, went to Sprint, and was unhappy with Sprint.
Old Dec 8, 1999, 8:40 pm
Original Member

Well, next time you switch I don't imagine you'll have any difficulty saying you're unhappy with MCI. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.