Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latest mileage deal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 1999, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Latest mileage deal

Today, in the mail, I received my pack of materials from MCI. Of note, the 25,000 miles (with AA at least) is now spread out over ten months instead of five.
Well, I should have done a search before I made this post as I see others have had a similiar experience with MCI and AA. I will do as several others posted and contact MCI by email and try and fix this problem. I would be interested in hearing if after getting a response from MCI you've found that your miles started posted as 5,000/mo..

[This message has been edited by vindesante (edited 11-03-1999).]
Old Nov 3, 1999, 1:27 pm

I had the exact same problem (signed up for 5Kx5, received a letter that offered 2.5Kx10). Called MCI about three weeks ago, spoke w/a rep who, after some resistance, assured me that everything would be fixed. Yesterday the first 2.5K posted to my AAdvantage acct. Looks like I'm stuck w/MCI for the next 9 months. I've had enough difficulties dealing w/MCI reps in the past, I'm not going to call them again, but I wish you luck.
Old Nov 3, 1999, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
Spoke with MCI today. Very knowledgable rep. (I think) told me they are phasing out the 5,000 per month for 5 months, in favor of 2,500 per month for 10 months. They see that too many people are switching carriers frequently just to collect miles. Under the new plan, they have you committed for at least 10 months. It is very difficult to know which plan you're actually in, since the 5,000 per month posts as 2,500 from MCI and a matching 2,500 from AA each time. I don't know how they propose to do 2,500 total per month (1,250 twice, perhaps?). One can only wait, and carefully analyze each statement or bill as it comes, I guess!
Old Nov 3, 1999, 8:47 pm

The 2,500 per month is posting as 1,250 MCI and 1,250 AA.

Old Nov 4, 1999, 7:53 am
pgupta011

honu - the way the miles are posted is that you will first see a 2.5K mile posting from MCI, and after a few days another 2.5K mile posted by AA.

Old Nov 4, 1999, 12:36 pm

Spooky! The 2.5K MCI miles that posted on 11/2 are now GONE! No trace left. I called AAdvantage, and a rather rude rep tried to convince me that they were never there in the first place. Then she said that it will take up to 8 weeks for both bonuses (MCI and AA) to post together. I've never seen anything like this happen before... WEIRD...

Anybody else out there had this problem?
Old Nov 4, 1999, 3:24 pm

Honu - I think the same mile snatching gremlins struck my account. Yesterday I made note of a 2,500 increase - today I'm right back to last months' total.

By the way, though the larger total vanished from the "my account" area, it still appears (in type) in the upper right hand corner of the page - go figure!
Old Nov 4, 1999, 11:44 pm

I apologize if this is off topic, but I'm soliciting venture capital for my new company, FlyerPhone, which will market it's services to the phone companies and offer them a huge number of flyer mile addicted callers. We will provide excellent customer service, guaranteed on time delivery of miles, and free upgrade certificates to anyone who stays with the service for a year or more without switching long distance carriers. After 2 years of continuous service, we'll offer customers free lounge passes, drink coupons, and Airphone usage. The rewards will increase with each year the flyer continues to be a customer, and we will thereby be able to offer the phone companies true loyalty and the flyers a hassle free mile bonanza. Customers will also earn elite status based on the number of lines enrolled and their usage, as well as generous referral bonuses. Get in now before the IPO. With assets of almost $3,000 andlosses of less than $150 million in the 3rd quarter, we expect to be worth at least 3 Billion dollars after our IPO, probably twice that if the MCI-Sprint merger is blocked.
Old Nov 10, 1999, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Steffo, did you sneak in here from Doonesbury???
Old Nov 19, 1999, 8:02 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta Platinum
Just got an uodate on Flerphoine, shares in the IPO will ONLY be available to the toe level elites in FF programs (DL Platinum, US Chairman's Preferred, etc).

I am REALLY hacked off about this. I am Silver on DL and Preferred on US, and think I should have been entitled to some shares in the Flyerphone IPO, especially since those who get stock in the IPO are GUARANTEED to triple their money within the first 30 minutes after the offering goes public.
Old Nov 19, 1999, 8:06 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta Platinum
On a more serious note, I had finished my 25k on MCI on my 3rd phone line (the one my teenage son uses) -- 5k for 5 months. I got a Sprint PCS phone, and the salesperson talked got me the details on the Sprint WorldPerks mileage promotion for wireless customers, and I also put home line 3 on that Sprint plan. Two weeks later, MCI calls and offers 5k (1k a month for 5 months to switch back), and I say no. Two days ago (after a three week break) they call back with the same offer. I say no, and ask if they can do 2k/month for 5 months. The rep says "NO, but I am authorized to give you 5k UP FRONT and then 1 k each month for 5 more months." I took the offer.
Old Nov 21, 1999, 8:37 am

I signed up with MCI in September with the DL 5k/a month, 25k total offer. The MCI package that I received stated that I would be getting 2.5k/month for 10 months instead. However, MCI has been putting 5k in my account every month...

So there's still a ray a hope... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Jadette
Old Nov 21, 1999, 9:50 am

Well, this is interesting...

I've had 2 lines on MCI/DL SkyMiles for over a year. Collect lots of miles.

I just checked my DL statement online and there were 2 entries of 2,500 miles each for MCI on Nov. 16th.

I haven't spoken to MCI Cust. Service in at least 6 months, and haven't signed up for any other services.

Did I miss a promotion, or did I just get a gift from MCI??
Old Nov 24, 1999, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Does anyone know if you can change from DL to AA to where u want the miles to go once you started receiving your bonus 25k already?
Old Nov 24, 1999, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Today was mileage switch day at MCI. I phoned in and got each of my three lines assigned to a different FF program, all offering the 5Kx5 bonuses. Offer codes were Z25A (American), Z25C (Continental) and Z25D (Delta).

Wow - 75K miles in 5 months. Sweet.

It took a long trip through the MCI phone maze and three different customer service agents, but I finally found the MCI partnerships miles line (800-754-7076), where someone who was very knowledgeable about the programs was able to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.