Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phone number to speak to a live AT&T agent?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2002, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Phone number to speak to a live AT&T agent?

I have called the 800 number on my bill and have gone through numerous key prompts without successfully getting a live agent on the line. I had signed up for the 5k DL miles bonus and my miles have not posted yet. DL is excellent at posting miles once they are transferred from a partner. Does anyone have a suggestion?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">"There are only two reasons to sit in the back row of an airplane:
Either you have diarrhea, or you're anxious to meet people who do."

Henry Kissinger</font>
Old Nov 25, 2002, 1:29 pm
Suspended

I used the following # 1-800-428-2600 which I used to sign up a phone in my wife's name.
The number is actually a number for AA (which it will say) but if you put the phone number enrolled with Delta in it will recognize it as being in the Skymiles program. Choose appropriate the options (I think I pressed 0 to get an operator)

Note I was told it will take 10 T0 12 WEEKS before miles start showing up in the account

Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 11-25-2002).]
Old Nov 25, 2002, 6:08 pm

Do you mean you used your FF# and a phone in your wife's name? I tried that for DL SkyMiles and was told the phone listing and the FF name had to match. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif
Old Nov 25, 2002, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Nope I actually used her FF# for this account
but I will admit I have done it before with MCI and got AA miles in my Advantage account
for that particular number.
Mike
Old Nov 27, 2002, 7:05 am

I also tried the phone prompt maze and gave up. I tried sending an e-mail through online customer service. I received a reply and appropriate resolution in 24 hours.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
To get your miles:
Phone AT&T at 1-800-354-8800. After the first question hit the # key and 2nd, enter your home #. But when they get to the next question hit the 0 key and you will be transferred to an operator. I just did this because I have been waiting since Sept. for my SkyMiles to post. The guy told me an acct. had never been set up for me!!! He took my SkyMiles #, talked to a supervisor, and said everything was now OK and my miles should start posting in 30 to 45 days. I will get retroactive miles plus the 5000.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
I have called the 800 number on my bill and have gone through numerous key prompts without successfully getting a live agent on the line. I had signed up for the 5k DL miles bonus and my miles have not posted yet. DL is excellent at posting miles once they are transferred from a partner. Does anyone have a suggestion?

</font>
Old Feb 1, 2003, 10:57 am

Programs: DL FO, US SP, SPG G, HH S, PC PLT
ATT & DL seem to make good friends. Call today to check on my milage bonus said I was not in enrolled in skymiles plan, but paying for the service. Told them it was only reason to switch. So another 10-12 weeeeeeks to post milage from date. September 27 was the sign up date good thing I don't need the miles for a big trip.

SCA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.