Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Phone Programs/Partners > Phones Programs/Partners
Reload this Page >

Starwood 50% off rate...where does it SAY rack rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2000, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

I've done a search, I've read the boards. I've called SPG. Everything on these boards, and SPG platinum personnel all say that this reward is only good off RACK rates...but where in the program guide or website terms and conditions does it SAY this? I can't find it. I find where the terms and conditions say that you must pay a RACK rate for the 35% off award in Hawaii, and where it says that you must pay a RACK rate (or COR, BAR 1, etc...) when confirming and upgrade, but I CAN'T FIND IT for this reward. Help me out.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 2:58 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Good question. The only thing I have found is:
For only 1,500 Starpoints, you and your guests can stay at any Starwood hotel or resort for 50% off the regular rate. That means twice the value for up to five consecutive nights. So, get away for 50% off to one of our spectacular destinations, like The Phoenician in Arizona or The Park Lane in London.

Contact your Account Service Center to redeem your 50% off award.

Unlike Free Night Awards, 50% off awards are subject to capacity controls.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 3:15 pm
Original Member

Look for the word "regular" in the terms and conditions. That means rack.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 4:09 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Well, yes, I agree, but have learned over the years that it appears to be intuitively clear! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
Old Sep 26, 2000, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

I saw where in the reward redemption site it says "regular." However, EVERYWHERE else, they either say "regular rack rate" or "rack rate" nowhere else does it just say REGULAR. I read regular in this context to mean "you get 50% off the regular rate (i.e. the rate that you'd otherwise pay if you weren't redeeming this reward...in other words, the BAR (best available rate).

Also...in the terms and conditions of the program, it doesn't say RACK..and it doesn't say REGULAR either....it just says 50% off. NOTHING in the terms and conditions say that it has to be a certain rate. Hmmmm....
Old Sep 27, 2000, 8:22 am
Original Member

Good luck.
Old Sep 27, 2000, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Maybe if we called AT&T they would know.
Old Sep 27, 2000, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

:O http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

he he he. I just realized that I put this in ATT forum. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea why. I guess when I thought of this random thought about starwood, I happened to be reading in the ATT forum, and it just NEVER crossed my mind. DUH.

Sorry everyone. Temporary mind burp. Please forgive. Though ATT might have more of an idea than Starwood...you never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.