Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wonder what AT&T's New program will be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 1999, 12:45 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

I finally got my membership credentials for the AT&T Personal Rewards program over the weekend.

In it:

My new calling card with the Personal rewards Number on it.

A one page ad listing the partners in the program and the program rules.

Mr. Toad: I would call AT&T and ask them "Where's my membership kit?" The number for AT&T Personal Rewards Customer Service is:
1-800-232-8200. Good luck!

Baobab and Burkey and everyone else: I do NOT see British listed as a partner yet but I think we all should bombard AT&T to put them on the program again. It's a logical fit with American.

Old Aug 31, 1999, 8:50 am
Original Member

Catman:

Please post some details about the awards.

What's the ratio of points to starpoints?

Before I sign up I want to know the details,
AT&T's web site doesnt have any details, which makes me think the details aren't good.

If they have such a good program they would want to tell the world all the great details.

Note to any AT&T reps lurking:

How about telling us the transfer ratios and award levels? If they are good then you should be more than willing to state them. If they are poor, compared to MCI, then you have good reason to hide the facts. So, your lack of details on the web sites, leads me to believe that you are attempting to hide the fact that the program isnt very good.
Old Sep 1, 1999, 2:43 pm

I finally received my membership 'kit' (yesterday). Very very thin on program details, though. Hopefully more info to follow, but so far I remain unimpressed.

Cheers,

'toad
Old Nov 16, 1999, 3:21 pm

Got the Personal Rewards booklet & first statement the other day. All I can say is... Pathetic.

ATT gives 1 point per dollar spent (2 points if you are a 'Personal Network customer). These convert on a 1 to 1 basis to Starwood; which then can be deposited to a FF account.

Given that Sprint, MCI, etc. all give 5-7 miles per dollar, the ATT deal is a waste.

12,000 points (i.e., 6K-12K dollars spent) will get you a round trip econ trip on "your choice of major airlines too anywhere in CONUS. Not sure how that one works.

I'm switching.

Cheers,

'toad
Old Nov 20, 1999, 10:01 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

YOu got a statement????

Well since I'm with AT&T anyway, I might as well hope for some points and then just stick them in Starwood. That's probably the only good part of the program.
Old Nov 20, 1999, 11:15 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I believe that the Starwood 5K bonus is for new AT&T customers only, and existing customers do not qualify. The fine print says: "cannot have been subscribed to AT&T in the preceding 6 month period", so the usual trick of switching to another carrier and then switching back to AT&T may not work.

Also with Starwood it is only 1 point per dollar, so at most 1.25 miles per dollar. Whereas even with BA AT&T gives 5 miles per dollar. MCI and Sprint both give 5 miles per dollar.

[This message has been edited by PG (edited 11-20-1999).]
Old Jan 15, 2000, 9:46 am

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
Did anyone sign up for the ATT/Starwood 5K promotion back in Oct-Nov and recieve their points in their Starwood account yet? I signed up 11/15 and am still waiting. Was just wondering about the time frame for posting.
Old Jan 27, 2000, 10:36 am

After being shuffled around and transferred, I was finally given 1-800-288-2662 x66156 as the number to call at AT&T to address my missing bonus. Of everyone I talked to, the operator that I spoke to seem to know what was going on. Hopefully, this helps.
Old May 25, 2000, 2:15 pm

I'd forgotten I even enrolled. Remembered today and went to the web site to check my account balance and saw that the program is ending on June 30, 2000. Points must be redeemed by September 30, 2000. I'll be taking the HHonors points:

Hilton HHonors® Points
(Item Number 45378)

Hilton and AT&T are committed to helping you enjoy your travels, no matter where they may take you. So we're offering great rewards to help you sleep better at night.

For each AT&T Personal Rewards point, you get four Hilton HHonors points. HHonors is Hilton's award-winning guest reward program, featuring special guest amenities, points and miles for hotel stays, and much more.

This was a crappy program to begin with. I guess AT&T finally figured it out. One wonders if they'll try yet another program or abandon the whole idea.

Cheers,

'toad

[This message has been edited by Hammertoad (edited 05-25-2000).]
Old May 25, 2000, 5:34 pm
Original Member

I just called. Apparently the program isn't ending, just AT&T's separate "points." I'm signed up to get Starpoints and this will continue after June 30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.