Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Mancora, Peru

Mancora, Peru

Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:21 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by bcx
I think the Base fare is already sold out because when I check my dates in May all I see is Base Plus, Flexible, Full Flexible. The Base Plus is much lower than when I was on the non-Peruvian site. I can't believe the Base price being even lower.
The Base fare is not necessarily sold out for those dates, it may not be showing up because there's a minimum stay or Saturday night requirement or something like that. Try checking out the departure date with a new return date a couple of weeks away and viceversa for the return date and you should be able to see if the Base fare is sold out or not (if it is, it should say "Agotado").
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:21 am
bcx

Originally Posted by andreadbc
The Base fare is not necessarily sold out for those dates, it may not be showing up because there's a minimum stay or Saturday night requirement or something like that. Try checking out the departure date with a new return date a couple of weeks away and viceversa for the return date and you should be able to see if the Base fare is sold out or not (if it is, it should say "Agotado").
I guess it doesn't really matter because I can't book the Base fare anyway. As long as I am safe to do so and not required to pay additional fees/fines then I will book the "Base Plus" fare.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:09 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by bcx
I guess it doesn't really matter because I can't book the Base fare anyway. As long as I am safe to do so and not required to pay additional fees/fines then I will book the "Base Plus" fare.
I meant that you could check if there's still availability for tickets in Base fare because Base Plus fare is very unlikely to sell out if there is still availability in Base, but if Base sells out far in advance, then you should be more careful.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:36 pm
bcx

Looks like changing the dates does reveal the Base fare availability on my travel dates. I guess I don't have to worry so much about it selling out just yet. But wow is Base fare cheap!

Also, does splitting my time in Peru 65/35 between Cusco (and MP) / Mancora seem reasonable?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:38 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by bcx
Looks like changing the dates does reveal the Base fare availability on my travel dates. I guess I don't have to worry so much about it selling out just yet. But wow is Base fare cheap!

Also, does splitting my time in Peru 65/35 between Cusco (and MP) / Mancora seem reasonable?
That would depend on how long you're staying... I think that you can see Cusco in 4 days or so and have enough time but it all depends on what you are planning to see... In Mancora you can just relax and maybe try some water sports for as long as you want.
Are you traveling on the same day from Cusco to Máncora or are you staying for a day or so in Lima?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:04 pm
bcx

We are probably going to spend 4 days Cusco and 2-3 days in Mancora. The plan was to fly Cusco-Lima in the morning arriving at 9am and then depart for Piura at noon before catching a taxi to Mancora.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:43 am
Ambassador, LATAM

I just remembered that there's a discussion about buying LAN tickets from other country sites in this thread. I think the suggestion to reserve online and then buy the ticket over the phone with that country's call center might work.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:46 pm
bcx

I wanted to book that tent place in Vichayito but it's closed for renovations from May until June.

DCO also looks really nice but they can't accommodate 3 people.

And now the Las Pocitas de Mancora site isn't working. I'm running out of options!
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:08 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by bcx
I wanted to book that tent place in Vichayito but it's closed for renovations from May until June.
DCO also looks really nice but they can't accommodate 3 people.
And now the Las Pocitas de Mancora site isn't working. I'm running out of options!
I was able to get the contact information from Google's cache of the Las Pocitas site...

Informes y Reservas Lima:
+ 51 1 998139711 (9am to 6pm)
[email protected]

I guess you could also try Hotelier, Las Arenas or some of the other hotels from that list that I found... I hope you have luck on your search!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 6:27 pm
bcx

I was able to get the contact information from Google's cache of the Las Pocitas site...

Informes y Reservas Lima:
+ 51 1 998139711 (9am to 6pm)
[email protected]

I guess you could also try Hotelier, Las Arenas or some of the other hotels from that list that I found... I hope you have luck on your search!
Thanks! I will try contacting them.

Did you happen to check out Hotelier or Las Arenas when you were there? How would you compare the 3?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:52 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by bcx
Thanks! I will try contacting them.

Did you happen to check out Hotelier or Las Arenas when you were there? How would you compare the 3?
I didn't visit Hotelier, we were walking on the beach and saw Las Arenas from there... it looked nice. Someone recommended it to my dad so that was why we wanted to stay there but it was full. I see on their site that they only have double rooms so I'm not sure if they're able to accomodate 3 people.
We stayed at Las Pocitas and it was nice... The food was good, the rooms were nice, clean and had a rustic-beach feel. Like most hotels, it had a pool.

It might be a good idea to check out hotel Punta Sal (http://www.puntasal.com.pe/index_en.html) as well (not in Máncora, it's a bit further north, in Tumbes). It has bungalows/suites that can accomodate 3, all rates include meals (but not drinks). We stayed there a few years ago and it was a nice vacation...
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:28 am
bcx

I didn't visit Hotelier, we were walking on the beach and saw Las Arenas from there... it looked nice. Someone recommended it to my dad so that was why we wanted to stay there but it was full. I see on their site that they only have double rooms so I'm not sure if they're able to accomodate 3 people.
We stayed at Las Pocitas and it was nice... The food was good, the rooms were nice, clean and had a rustic-beach feel. Like most hotels, it had a pool.

It might be a good idea to check out hotel Punta Sal (http://www.puntasal.com.pe/index_en.html) as well (not in Máncora, it's a bit further north, in Tumbes). It has bungalows/suites that can accomodate 3, all rates include meals (but not drinks). We stayed there a few years ago and it was a nice vacation...
We had decided on Las Pocitas but they wanted me to pay 60% up front when I asked for a reservation. They said it could be by credit card but when I ask for the information they just give me an ABA/SWIFT code to wire the money. I don't want to prepay let alone having to wire the money to them.

I think I'll go with Las Arenas.
Old May 3, 2010, 7:01 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

I just read this article about Órganos (a vacation spot near Máncora) and I thought I'd post the link here in case someone is interested.

link

Last edited by andreadbc; Jul 1, 2010 at 10:13 pm
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:51 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

another link

Another article about staying at Las Pocitas near Máncora...

Finding quiet beach time at Las Pocitas during Peru's off-season
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: A/E Plat,A/E Plat.AP,Taca Gold,KLM Gold,MPolo Gold,Marr. Gold,C.Club Gold,A.Gold Infinate,Em.Exec,
What about Taca? I've gotten great fares to Cuzco. Thinking of heading to the north this November when in Lima. Just started looking into Hotels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.