Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Mancora, Peru

Mancora, Peru

Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:21 pm
  #16  
Ambassador, LATAM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lima, Perú
Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Posts: 865
Originally Posted by bcx
I think the Base fare is already sold out because when I check my dates in May all I see is Base Plus, Flexible, Full Flexible. The Base Plus is much lower than when I was on the non-Peruvian site. I can't believe the Base price being even lower.
The Base fare is not necessarily sold out for those dates, it may not be showing up because there's a minimum stay or Saturday night requirement or something like that. Try checking out the departure date with a new return date a couple of weeks away and viceversa for the return date and you should be able to see if the Base fare is sold out or not (if it is, it should say "Agotado").
andreadbc is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:21 am
  #17  
bcx
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 169
Originally Posted by andreadbc
The Base fare is not necessarily sold out for those dates, it may not be showing up because there's a minimum stay or Saturday night requirement or something like that. Try checking out the departure date with a new return date a couple of weeks away and viceversa for the return date and you should be able to see if the Base fare is sold out or not (if it is, it should say "Agotado").
I guess it doesn't really matter because I can't book the Base fare anyway. As long as I am safe to do so and not required to pay additional fees/fines then I will book the "Base Plus" fare.
bcx is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:09 pm
  #18  
Ambassador, LATAM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lima, Perú
Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Posts: 865
Originally Posted by bcx
I guess it doesn't really matter because I can't book the Base fare anyway. As long as I am safe to do so and not required to pay additional fees/fines then I will book the "Base Plus" fare.
I meant that you could check if there's still availability for tickets in Base fare because Base Plus fare is very unlikely to sell out if there is still availability in Base, but if Base sells out far in advance, then you should be more careful.
andreadbc is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:36 pm
  #19  
bcx
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 169
Looks like changing the dates does reveal the Base fare availability on my travel dates. I guess I don't have to worry so much about it selling out just yet. But wow is Base fare cheap!

Also, does splitting my time in Peru 65/35 between Cusco (and MP) / Mancora seem reasonable?
bcx is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:38 am
  #20  
Ambassador, LATAM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lima, Perú
Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Posts: 865
Originally Posted by bcx
Looks like changing the dates does reveal the Base fare availability on my travel dates. I guess I don't have to worry so much about it selling out just yet. But wow is Base fare cheap!

Also, does splitting my time in Peru 65/35 between Cusco (and MP) / Mancora seem reasonable?
That would depend on how long you're staying... I think that you can see Cusco in 4 days or so and have enough time but it all depends on what you are planning to see... In Mancora you can just relax and maybe try some water sports for as long as you want.
Are you traveling on the same day from Cusco to Máncora or are you staying for a day or so in Lima?
andreadbc is offline  
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:04 pm
  #21  
bcx
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 169
We are probably going to spend 4 days Cusco and 2-3 days in Mancora. The plan was to fly Cusco-Lima in the morning arriving at 9am and then depart for Piura at noon before catching a taxi to Mancora.
bcx is offline  
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:43 am
  #22  
Ambassador, LATAM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lima, Perú
Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Posts: 865
I just remembered that there's a discussion about buying LAN tickets from other country sites in this thread. I think the suggestion to reserve online and then buy the ticket over the phone with that country's call center might work.
andreadbc is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:46 pm
  #23  
bcx
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 169
I wanted to book that tent place in Vichayito but it's closed for renovations from May until June.

DCO also looks really nice but they can't accommodate 3 people.

And now the Las Pocitas de Mancora site isn't working. I'm running out of options!
bcx is offline  
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:08 pm
  #24  
Ambassador, LATAM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lima, Perú
Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Posts: 865
Originally Posted by bcx
I wanted to book that tent place in Vichayito but it's closed for renovations from May until June.
DCO also looks really nice but they can't accommodate 3 people.
And now the Las Pocitas de Mancora site isn't working. I'm running out of options!
I was able to get the contact information from Google's cache of the Las Pocitas site...

Informes y Reservas Lima:
+ 51 1 998139711 (9am to 6pm)
[email protected]

I guess you could also try Hotelier, Las Arenas or some of the other hotels from that list that I found... I hope you have luck on your search!
andreadbc is offline  
Old Apr 20, 2010, 6:27 pm
  #25  
bcx
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 169
Originally Posted by andreadbc
I was able to get the contact information from Google's cache of the Las Pocitas site...

Informes y Reservas Lima:
+ 51 1 998139711 (9am to 6pm)
[email protected]

I guess you could also try Hotelier, Las Arenas or some of the other hotels from that list that I found... I hope you have luck on your search!
Thanks! I will try contacting them.

Did you happen to check out Hotelier or Las Arenas when you were there? How would you compare the 3?
bcx is offline  
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:52 pm
  #26  
Ambassador, LATAM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lima, Perú
Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Posts: 865
Originally Posted by bcx
Thanks! I will try contacting them.

Did you happen to check out Hotelier or Las Arenas when you were there? How would you compare the 3?
I didn't visit Hotelier, we were walking on the beach and saw Las Arenas from there... it looked nice. Someone recommended it to my dad so that was why we wanted to stay there but it was full. I see on their site that they only have double rooms so I'm not sure if they're able to accomodate 3 people.
We stayed at Las Pocitas and it was nice... The food was good, the rooms were nice, clean and had a rustic-beach feel. Like most hotels, it had a pool.

It might be a good idea to check out hotel Punta Sal (http://www.puntasal.com.pe/index_en.html) as well (not in Máncora, it's a bit further north, in Tumbes). It has bungalows/suites that can accomodate 3, all rates include meals (but not drinks). We stayed there a few years ago and it was a nice vacation...
andreadbc is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:28 am
  #27  
bcx
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 169
Originally Posted by andreadbc
I didn't visit Hotelier, we were walking on the beach and saw Las Arenas from there... it looked nice. Someone recommended it to my dad so that was why we wanted to stay there but it was full. I see on their site that they only have double rooms so I'm not sure if they're able to accomodate 3 people.
We stayed at Las Pocitas and it was nice... The food was good, the rooms were nice, clean and had a rustic-beach feel. Like most hotels, it had a pool.

It might be a good idea to check out hotel Punta Sal (http://www.puntasal.com.pe/index_en.html) as well (not in Máncora, it's a bit further north, in Tumbes). It has bungalows/suites that can accomodate 3, all rates include meals (but not drinks). We stayed there a few years ago and it was a nice vacation...
We had decided on Las Pocitas but they wanted me to pay 60% up front when I asked for a reservation. They said it could be by credit card but when I ask for the information they just give me an ABA/SWIFT code to wire the money. I don't want to prepay let alone having to wire the money to them.

I think I'll go with Las Arenas.
bcx is offline  
Old May 3, 2010, 7:01 pm
  #28  
Ambassador, LATAM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lima, Perú
Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Posts: 865
I just read this article about Órganos (a vacation spot near Máncora) and I thought I'd post the link here in case someone is interested.

link

Last edited by andreadbc; Jul 1, 2010 at 10:13 pm
andreadbc is offline  
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:51 pm
  #29  
Ambassador, LATAM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lima, Perú
Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Posts: 865
another link

Another article about staying at Las Pocitas near Máncora...

Finding quiet beach time at Las Pocitas during Peru's off-season
andreadbc is offline  
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:41 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: YYZ
Programs: A/E Plat,A/E Plat.AP,Taca Gold,KLM Gold,MPolo Gold,Marr. Gold,C.Club Gold,A.Gold Infinate,Em.Exec,
Posts: 41
What about Taca? I've gotten great fares to Cuzco. Thinking of heading to the north this November when in Lima. Just started looking into Hotels.
foun10 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.