Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Bike Tour when in Lima, highly recommend.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

DH and I spent 2.5 days in Lima. One of the best things we did was a bike tour with gogobiking.pe . We did the 3 hour Baranco tour. The guide was great, bikes were excellent and the riding not difficult. I'm 57 and in fairly good shape. Walk daily, golf, do some yoga. It wasn't hard and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I would highly suggest it ( and gogobiking specifically) if your are looking for something to do. Even after the ride, we walked 6 miles that day, so it wasn't too tiring!
We also did a bike tour in Santiago, 16km, and THAT nearly killed me!! That was a whole different experience.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
That's a great idea. I did quite a lot of cycling around Lima a few years ago when I lived there, and I found that the drivers weren't as bad as I expected them to be, based on my experience behind the wheel (which can be an adventure!).
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by stan1162
DH and I spent 2.5 days in Lima. One of the best things we did was a bike tour with gogobiking.pe . We did the 3 hour Baranco tour. The guide was great, bikes were excellent and the riding not difficult. I'm 57 and in fairly good shape. Walk daily, golf, do some yoga. It wasn't hard and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I would highly suggest it ( and gogobiking specifically) if your are looking for something to do. Even after the ride, we walked 6 miles that day, so it wasn't too tiring!
We also did a bike tour in Santiago, 16km, and THAT nearly killed me!! That was a whole different experience.
We did a Miraflores-Barranco bike tour 2 weeks ago and it was great. I don't remember the name of the outfit, but it's at the Inca Market in Miraflores. Anyone there can point you to their kiosk. Tours are morning (9 or 10 I think), or 2 pm, which is the one we did. Highly recommended. After the tour, they take you to a little spot in the market for a free beer or excellent Peruvian coffee.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:32 am
Original Poster

That's the one

Originally Posted by catcher1
We did a Miraflores-Barranco bike tour 2 weeks ago and it was great. I don't remember the name of the outfit, but it's at the Inca Market in Miraflores. Anyone there can point you to their kiosk. Tours are morning (9 or 10 I think), or 2 pm, which is the one we did. Highly recommended. After the tour, they take you to a little spot in the market for a free beer or excellent Peruvian coffee.
That's gogobiking.. We did the 10 o'clock. We picked up some coffee to bring home from a coffee shop around the corner, I think it was a friend of the gogobiking people. So informative and an excellent variety of different coffees.

Our bike tour in Santiago, well, we enjoyed that as well, but in a completely different way. With the civil unrest, the traffic and intersections were crazy!!! And the tour was 16km and exhausting dodging the cars and people. But enjoyed it, lets say it was an adventure!!!! That being said, both cities residents were so polite to us. Our tour leader would hold up his hand and the traffic would let us proceed.. I was very impressed.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:42 pm
Suspended

If somebody is seeking for extreme biking, in Cuzco Peru, there a unforgettable experiences. Search in Facebook: base bicycle cusco. Vladi is the man..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.