Wiki Posts
Search

Lima Late Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
Lima Late Arrival

Arriving into LIM close to midnight, staying in Miraflores. Some friends recommended Airport Bus as safest and most efficient. But I see the last one leaves at midnight, so unlikely to catch it. Any recommendations on how to get to destination at that time? Are taxis relatively safe in Lima? Prearranged transport?
Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
As you exit the baggage area and Customs, you'll see several taxi stands. The "Remisse" services are the most secure, and the most expensive. Unfortunately I now forget what the fares are from Callao (the district where the airport is located) to Miraflores, but I'm guessing it will be at least US$40, maybe $50? Perhaps another poster can help with that question.

There is also a stand for Taxi Green, which costs much less and gets you a less luxurious ride, but is still quite secure.

I do not recommend taking street cabs from Callao to Miraflores, or Uber for that matter, especially if you don't know Lima well and/or don't speak Spanish. Callao is not a safe district and tourists are targeted by thieves, especially at night.

Enjoy Lima, despite the security issues it's a wonderful city in many ways.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I have always arrive late in lima and go to Miraflores, I get a tax from the tax stand, no issues,
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
Taxi Green is $20 from Callao to Miraflores and would be my recommendation given the OP arrives at midnight.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:19 am

I agree with the above commenters, pick one of the services that has a booth before you exit the baggage reclaim area. It will be a couple extra dollars, but completely worth it. I actually ended up using Uber to/from the airport a number of times last October. The primary issue I had with Uber was that there was no specific place the drivers picked up at the airport. The cars were always parked in short-term parking across from the terminal, but sometimes the driver was in their car and wanted me to meet them. I was able to meet-up with them by texting through the Uber app (in Spanish) to meet-up, but it was not as easy as I had hoped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.