Search

About Larcomar fire

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:26 pm
Ambassador: Peru
Original Poster

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
About Larcomar fire

There has been a fire this morning in a movie theater at the popular seaside mall "Larcomar" in Miraflores. Though it is in front of Marriott Hotel, where some presidents will be hosted for the APEC fórum (including B. Obama or so I read), there is no evidence, clue or hint that this was provoked or related to an attempt.

Seems the fire has already been controled and now investigation is in process.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pe...-idUSKBN13B2DV
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Still not many details about the fire, but it must have been quite serious as there were four deaths.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:48 pm
Ambassador: Peru
Original Poster

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by FrogProf
Still not many details about the fire, but it must have been quite serious as there were four deaths.
It was very serious. We all are consternated, specially Miraflores neighbors. That was my usual cinema. I went to watch Inferno just few weeks ago. It could have happen in that moment.

There were no more victims cause it happened early in the morning, one theater was open for a premiere, just for the press, but the shopping center was almost empty, many stores were closed. If it had happened at evening, when all 10 theaters are full, I don't want to imagine...

Investigation is in progress. As I read, there were sprinkles at parking, cinema entrances, common halls, but not inside the theaters. The fire was just inside the theaters complex, started at theater #10. Restaurants and stores were no burned, some of them a bit affected.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:43 am

Everything back to normal, was there a few weeks ago (but did not go in, those places not my cup of tea, just had a conversation with the guard outside). Just walking along the Malecon (top of cliff overlloking the sea in Miraflores and Barranca) is great
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by David Beach
Everything back to normal, was there a few weeks ago (but did not go in, those places not my cup of tea, just had a conversation with the guard outside). Just walking along the Malecon (top of cliff overlloking the sea in Miraflores and Barranca) is great
Back to normal though maybe a bit too long for full operations. I was there all last week for events--my relatives own the new Maestro Tzu. Larcomar security measures may not be the greatest, but new controls have been implemented to prevent repeat scenarios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.