Peru with kids

Old Feb 23, 15, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Peru with kids

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing something fun for summer vacation. AA has some pretty attractive J fares from YYZ - LIM (connect through MIA).

Although I could find plenty to amuse myself in Peru, just wondering if it's a good destination with kids.

Would consider exploring the sights and sounds of Lima (and eat really well, I love food in Lima) and do a trip to Machu Pichu.

My kids are 6 and 3.
Old Feb 24, 15, 12:58 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
Sounds like fun! For big and small.

On my various trips to Lima and around Peru, saw lots of kids in that range. (Maybe 3 is on the low end of things.)

2 things I recall.
- Overflight of Nazca lines. Shared plane with family with 2 boys. They screamed their heads off in excitement.
- Vistadome train ride to MP. There was a kid that was a real rail fan. Could tell us what the train was doing, the various rail signals, sidings, etc. Was about 10 to 12.

Have fun,
SF
Old Feb 25, 15, 3:10 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
In Lima they will love the Parque de Reserba (park with fun fountains). Kids are well loved in Peru, people will be very helpful.
Old May 14, 15, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Peru is great with Kids.
One thing to note is that most of the wealthier locals have nannies/live in help so many restaurants dont have kids menus, high chairs, etc.
Also the streets are narrow so if you need a stroller, I'd take an umbrella stroller.

Search this Thread