Reload this Page >

Peru Only Fare Question (Peruvian)

Old Feb 11, 15, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent

Hi All,

I have a trip booked to Lima in June and am looking at tickets back and forth from Cusco. I know that tickets booked with a Peru IP are cheaper than if you book it with a US IP, but I wanted to ask what the ramifications might be. The ticket states that it is for sale within Peru only, but does not contain anything about being for residents only.

I want things to be smooth, but a couple hundred bucks is also not an inconsiderable sum for jumping through the hoop to book with a Peruvian IP address. Any experience with this? What I don't want is to end up at the airport fumbling over money because I tried to be clever. On the other hand, if I can actually be clever then I'll be happy to apply the money to some other aspect of the trip...

What do? Pay up or buy the ticket using a Peruvian IP?

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 15, 8:45 am

What airline are you looking at? If its not actually a resident only fare, then there is no problem using a peruvian IP to buy, such as with Peruvian Airlines which is often times the cheapest. If its Lan and you're using a peruvian IP, then those are resident only fares. I think the terms say they can charge you $180 more if they determine you're not a resident, but as long as you check in online and dont check a bag at the airport, you'll be fine (sometimes even if you had the pay the $180 fee it would still be cheaper). I've flown 8 or 10 resident only fares and never had a problem....printed my boarding pass at home and went straight to the gate.
You can also check availability with Avois, 9k RT.
Old Feb 11, 15, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SammySpade View Post
What airline are you looking at? If its not actually a resident only fare, then there is no problem using a peruvian IP to buy, such as with Peruvian Airlines which is often times the cheapest. If its Lan and you're using a peruvian IP, then those are resident only fares. I think the terms say they can charge you $180 more if they determine you're not a resident, but as long as you check in online and dont check a bag at the airport, you'll be fine (sometimes even if you had the pay the $180 fee it would still be cheaper). I've flown 8 or 10 resident only fares and never had a problem....printed my boarding pass at home and went straight to the gate.
You can also check availability with Avois, 9k RT.
Thanks for the input. This is Peruvian Airlines that I was looking at and the fare does not mention anything about resident status. Just that it is sold only in Peru.

Sounds like I am good to go, right?
Old Feb 11, 15, 10:40 am

Yeah you'll be fine
Old Feb 11, 15, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Yeah you'll be fine
Thanks! I am looking forward to the trip!
Old Feb 11, 15, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Yeah you'll be fine
One more question: For early July, what are the odds of a WX on CUZ-LIM? I have a 22:00 flight from LIM, but I would prefer not to head back a day early. If I book a 11a flight back, what are my odds of having an 11 delay? Seems unlikely, but if you have some experience, I would love to hear it.
Old Mar 2, 15, 1:36 pm

Programs: AF Flying Blue Platinum ST E+/ AAdvantage Platinum OW SPH/ TK Miles&Smiles Elite *A Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleFlyerGuy View Post
One more question: For early July, what are the odds of a WX on CUZ-LIM? I have a 22:00 flight from LIM, but I would prefer not to head back a day early. If I book a 11a flight back, what are my odds of having an 11 delay? Seems unlikely, but if you have some experience, I would love to hear it.
Weather for July should be fine (rainy season is over by then). There are flights to Lima every 20 minutes while Cuzco airport is open and Peruvian has at least 3 more flights to Lima after mid day so don't worry about weather.
Old Mar 5, 15, 10:16 pm

Programs: Last 1K flight 1/21/11; fun while it lasted, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 &
An alternative to buying a ticket...

You can get one-way LIM-CUS tickets for just 10k miles, or at least I was able to a few months ago.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: