Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Cuzco to Lima in March - how long is safe?

Old Feb 6, 15, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

In late March, I have a redeye out of Lima but I found out we will be staying in Cuzco the night before, so I need to book an connection CUZ-LIM.

I saw several threads saying that weather delays are common that time of year in Cuzco. How long of a connection is likely needed to be safe? I was thinking of trying to take several hours to enjoy the city and leave in the late afternoon.

I'll probably fly LAN to Lima if it matters, and unfortunately I couldn't find any historical delay data.

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 15, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
The common belief is that flights later in the day are more likely to be delayed/cancelled. How much time you need at LIM depends on how flexible your onward ticket and itineraries are.

If you are concerned about the LIM-U.S. flight, you might consider booking it on one ticket.
Old Feb 8, 15, 2:32 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Around January is the wet season. March ain't so bad. I can understand your desire to stroll Cuzco, well worth it. Ya know, you could book a late afternoon flight and play it by ear. If things look touchy, do a same day change to earlier? There are like, 5-20 flights a day.

Search this Thread