Wiki Posts
Search

how to score cheap last minute flight Lim-LPB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Amex Membership Rewards
how to score cheap last minute flight Lim-LPB

anyone have a suggestion on best way to score a cheap last minute flight to Lapaz, Bolivia from Lima ? Is it better to purchase flight online or go to airline ticket office in Lima ? When I plug in various dates with last minute flight search engines or Lan or Avianca, I don't see anything less than $ 500
I've been told that on occasion, airlines will have a special price offer for a flight that is considerably cheaper than the normal published fare.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AA PLT
If you can get your hands on any BA Avios (perhaps via AMEX MR), there looks to be plenty of availability on LA bookable over the next few weeks for 7500 Avios + $30 USD (or 2500 Avios + $95 USD, if you prefer to use fewer points).
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
It seems to be a rather expensive route as a rule. It might be cheaper to fly from Lima to Juliaca and then take a bus to La Paz from Puno. LAN and Avianca have residency restrictions on the cheapest fares on this route, but perhaps Star Peru and Peruvian Airlines fly to JUL, they don't have any residency restrictions. On the other hand, LAN is now running an offer 20% off their flights in South America till 23 April, select the US as your country of residence on their website to take advantage of it.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Amex Membership Rewards
thanks guys for your advice. I'll consider your suggestions.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:54 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by krzysz
perhaps Star Peru and Peruvian Airlines fly to JUL, they don't have any residency restrictions
They don't fly to Juliaca (only LAN or Avianca)...
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
If I am correct, Avianca resident-only fares are only for a few destinations such as Cusco or Puerto Maldonado, so flights to Juliaca should be "safe"
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by HasteFlier
If I am correct, Avianca resident-only fares are only for a few destinations such as Cusco or Puerto Maldonado, so flights to Juliaca should be "safe"
You were correct till about a year ago. The resident-only fare restrictions on Avianca now also apply to the routes Lima-Juliaca and Arequipa-Cusco.
Also, they recently introduced a daily flight between Lima and Iquitos, which is subject to the residency restriction as well (apparently they took the aircraft that was used to serve the evening LIM-AQP-LIM flight and assigned it to the new Iquitos route). Still, there are a lot of routes on Avianca not covered by this restriction, such as LIM-AQP, LIM-TRU or LIM-PIU.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by krzysz
You were correct till about a year ago. The resident-only fare restrictions on Avianca now also apply to the routes Lima-Juliaca and Arequipa-Cusco.
Also, they recently introduced a daily flight between Lima and Iquitos, which is subject to the residency restriction as well (apparently they took the aircraft that was used to serve the evening LIM-AQP-LIM flight and assigned it to the new Iquitos route). Still, there are a lot of routes on Avianca not covered by this restriction, such as LIM-AQP, LIM-TRU or LIM-PIU.
Sorry! And thanks for correcting my mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.