Wiki Posts
Search

Peru VISA denied please help!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Peru VISA denied please help!

Hello everyone.

I am from Iraq resident of Jordan. I submitted my application on Peruvian Consulate in Jordan but my application got denied "You are not qualified" even i satisfied all the requirements! please help me what can i do?

Should i re submit a new application?

Also if it got denied again can i go to Ecuador that doesn't require VISA for me then go to Peru by bus or car? Do i still need Peruvian VISA?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I'm pretty sure you will still need a Peruvian visa if you're trying to enter from Ecuador. They'll probably prevent you from boarding a bus or stop you at the border.

What were the visa requirements?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks bro for your reply

The requirements were

Valid passport for at least 6 months.
Copy of Previous VISA obtained to Europe or South America.
Bank statements for 3 months.
Employee letter proving your current employment.
2 pictures.
Phone and address of place where to stay in Peru.
Phone and address of any family members in Peru (If any).

Maybe need more money in Bank? how much it should to be enough? 4000$ no good? for stay a week.

What can we do bro? i need visit gf.

Last edited by ahmed871987; Oct 21, 2013 at 4:57 pm
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by ahmed871987
Maybe need more money in Bank?
Unfortunately, that's probably why you got denied. Resubmitting the application won't be of much help as they'll just deny you again.

Is your gf a Peruvian national? If so, she should also have visa-free access to Ecuador and maybe you two can meet up there? Not an ideal situation but I'm not sure what else you can do.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BayAreaTraveler
Unfortunately, that's probably why you got denied. Resubmitting the application won't be of much help as they'll just deny you again.

Is your gf a Peruvian national? If so, she should also have visa-free access to Ecuador and maybe you two can meet up there? Not an ideal situation but I'm not sure what else you can do.
Why my bro re deny? what if more money added? Yes she is Peruvian And option no good. I also want visit Peru. What you think for invitation letter? Because gf study and family no accept travel.

Or what if apply for Peru VISA from Ecuador ?
But i see border is crossed by walking. Why i can no cross border by walking?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:58 pm

You can certainly reapply but I suspect that they are looking more at your bank history rather than how much you currently have in the bank to make sure that the funds you have are legit and weren't laundered.

I don't think applying for a Peruvian visa from Ecuador is going to make much of a difference - the same rules are going to apply.

If you understand the potential risks that you are undertaking, you can certainly try. No one is going to prevent you from crossing the border. Whether you successfully make it or not and if you are detained by the Peruvian National Police is another story.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

What is the penalty?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:00 am
Original Poster

I called consulate they told me you cant submit again
Any idea?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:17 am

I am from Iraq resident of Jordan. I submitted my application on Peruvian Consulate in Jordan but my application got denied "You are not qualified" even i satisfied all the requirements! please help me what can i do?
Why my bro re deny? what if more money added? Yes she is Peruvian And option no good. I also want visit Peru. What you think for invitation letter? Because gf study and family no accept travel.

To speak bluntly,
What they are looking for are ties to your home country, which you clearly do not have (and which more money in the bank will not demonstarate), that prove you would not want to stay with your girlfriend and work in Peru. A letter from the girlfriend would only make your situation worse.
IMO no Peruvian Consulate/Embassy in the world would grant you a visa under your present cicumstances. It is very naive to think that they would.

Why would you even think that crossing the border on foot, illegally, would be a potential solution? This thinking proves to me that you do not respect, nor intend to respect, any country's laws, although perhaps your previous life circumstances have led you to believe this is some norm of behavior.

Of course this woman's parents would not let her give up her studies and apparently good life in Peru to run off to an uncertain future in an unknown country with some unknown person in iffy circumstances. IMO this so-called relationship does not have a future.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I suspect you're quite young. With little past history of serious employment coupled with low funds it's very unlikely you'll get entry to most countries where you need a visa.....especially where there is a girlfriend at the other end involved. Even some countries where you don't need a visa might turn you away at airport immigration.

I agree the best chance of you getting together is for her to come and meet you.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
To speak bluntly,
What they are looking for are ties to your home country, which you clearly do not have (and which more money in the bank will not demonstarate), that prove you would not want to stay with your girlfriend and work in Peru. A letter from the girlfriend would only make your situation worse.
IMO no Peruvian Consulate/Embassy in the world would grant you a visa under your present cicumstances. It is very naive to think that they would.

Why would you even think that crossing the border on foot, illegally, would be a potential solution? This thinking proves to me that you do not respect, nor intend to respect, any country's laws, although perhaps your previous life circumstances have led you to believe this is some norm of behavior.

Of course this woman's parents would not let her give up her studies and apparently good life in Peru to run off to an uncertain future in an unknown country with some unknown person in iffy circumstances. IMO this so-called relationship does not have a future.
Nobody said will give up studies or leave Peru. Situation by inviate is not worse i called embassy in Egypt the said this will help you to prove that you will leave the country.
I do not intend to run away or escape my intend is to visit for 10 days max. And girl will not return with me. For boarder crossing i thought it is normal happen because i saw it in TV so i thought it is common thing.
Because i love girl very much.

Last edited by ahmed871987; Oct 24, 2013 at 10:25 am
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I suspect you're quite young. With little past history of serious employment coupled with low funds it's very unlikely you'll get entry to most countries where you need a visa.....especially where there is a girlfriend at the other end involved. Even some countries where you don't need a visa might turn you away at airport immigration.

I agree the best chance of you getting together is for her to come and meet you.
I am not young. I am 26 years old. I traveled to Spain before without hassles.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:57 am

Nobody said will give up studies or leave Peru. Situation by inviate is not worse i called embassy in Egypt the said this will help you to prove that you will leave the country.
I do not intend to run away or escape my intend is to visit for 10 days max. And girl will not return with me. For boarder crossing i thought it is normal happen because i saw it in TV so i thought it is common thing.
Because i love girl very much.
I am not young. I am 26 years old. I traveled to Spain before without hassles.
You asked for our thoughts. We gave them to you, according to our experience in the world and our best understanding of how governments work.
You are young, a refugee who has no permanent ties to the country you live in, with no professional skills, and are clearly looking to get out of your present situation by forming a romantic alliance with a naive woman.
Your position regarding a visa to any country which suspects that you may want to stay will not change until/unless your life situation (the factors mentioned above) alters significantly.
If you think you know better, simply because Spain apparently let you in once, why bother to ask in the first place?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
You asked for our thoughts. We gave them to you, according to our experience in the world and our best understanding of how governments work.
You are young, a refugee who has no permanent ties to the country you live in, with no professional skills, and are clearly looking to get out of your present situation by forming a romantic alliance with a naive woman.
Your position regarding a visa to any country which suspects that you may want to stay will not change until/unless your life situation (the factors mentioned above) alters significantly.
If you think you know better, simply because Spain apparently let you in once, why bother to ask in the first place?
Because i thought Europe is harder than Latin America countries. I also been living here for long time and resident with my family and work here. Not sure what can do to prove that i do not escape.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by ahmed871987; Oct 24, 2013 at 11:21 am
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Because i thought Europe is harder than Latin America countries. I also been living here for long time and resident with my family and work here. Not sure what can do to prove that i do not escape.
Thanks for your help.
Spain can be very hard for Latin Americans to enter but for most nationalities it's pretty straightforward. I don't know how strict Peru are when it comes to granting Visas to tourists who need one however from what you have told us it does seem they are strict or they got a bad feeling about your application. I think it's the latter.

See if you can find out what it was about your application that they weren't happy about. It's unlikely that they'll tell you but still worth a try even if it's just to put your mind at rest.
It must be very frustrating for you but if they say no then I'm sure they must have a good reason for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.