Search

Help with hotel arrangements in Lima

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:08 am
akp
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Help with hotel arrangements in Lima

I fly in on to Lima on a Thursday with my 3 kids. Husband gets in to Lima late Saturday night, and we fly out to Cusco Sunday late morning.

Initially I'd thought the kids and I would spend the first two nights in Miraflores somewhere, then move to the airport Ramada on Saturday night when my husband arrives.

But now I'm thinking I'd like to minimize hotel hopping in Lima since the rest of the trip requires it (one night in CUZ, one night at MaPi, Tambo for 3 days).

So it seems two options:

1) stay in miraflores all 3 nights; husband can take a cab solo from airport to miraflores and meet up with us, then we all go back to the airport together the next day

2) kids and I stay somewhere nearer the airport all 3 nights. I'd prefer this, but it doesn't look like there is anyplace good to stay that is much nearer the airport. (I have the ramada booked for that final night in lima and have no desire to stay there all 3 nights.)

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:50 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
I'd choose option 1 anyway. Miraflores is far better for adults and kids, several things to do, places to see. Staying near the airport is viable for one night, but 3 days would be boring, or complicated to move to touristic places, because of traffic.

Besides the Ramada is not cheap, though I don't know what hotel category you are choosing in Miraflores. There are cabs 24 hours and the hotel can help you with that, too. In my opinion it's the best choice for a family, from any point of view.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:45 pm
akp
Original Poster

What hotel do you recommend in Miraflores?

Do you have a favorite hotel in Miraflores?

I'm Hilton Diamond and Club Carlson Gold. Also Hyatt Platinum. Starwood Gold. ut I'm really open to anything!

I spoke with my husband tonight and he's fine with getting a cab to Miraflores alone on Saturday night, so I think that's what we'll go.

Anita

PS - I did have Wyndham points set aside for the Ramada at the airport for one night so the price isn't an issue, but logistically I hate to be changing locations an extra time!

Last edited by akp; Feb 20, 2013 at 8:46 pm Reason: added starwood status
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:04 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by akp
Do you have a favorite hotel in Miraflores?
Marriott is one of the best located in Miraflores, but it's a 5* and very expensive. Miraflores Park (Orient Express) is also a 5* luxury hotel very well located. Hilton Lima Miraflores is just new and conveniently located, not far from Larco avenue. Casa Andina Private Collection too (Casa Andica is a peruvian hotel chain)

Less expensive and well located not far from the main parks of Miraflores (Kennedy park, Diagonal Avenue, Pardo Avenue) are El Pardo Doubletree by Hilton, Radisson Decapolis Miraflores Lima Hotel, and Crowne Plaza. There is also Jose Antonio, San Agustin, etc. I don't have any reference of these, just mentioning cause are very well located. There are also Casa Andina Classic hotels in Miraflores, less expensive than Casa Andina Private Collection.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:33 pm
akp
Original Poster

Thanks!

I am thinking one of the Hiltons since I'll get breakfast there and have the best chance of an upgrade. Thanks for your input on locations etc.!

Anita
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Where ever you stay, your going to have fun with the kids in Lima, the Parque de Reserva with the fountains (take a bathing suit for them to go right into the fountain), catacombs, parade at the palace, seaside parks, etc etc etc, even a McDonalds jeje.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'd avoid the José Antonio - their windows are largely comprised of louvered glass and uninsulated, iirc, and the noise levels can be stressful.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:19 pm
akp
Original Poster

At Hilton Miraflores now. Great hotel. Lounge is awesome, especially as I'm alone with my three kids and eating out would be a major hassle.

As diamond, I was upgraded to a deluxe room. Hard to compare as I haven't seen the regular rooms, but it is very nice.

The pool and hot tubs are awesome, and the view fe the lounge and pool quite nice even though we are a few blocks from the ocean.

Anita

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.