Reload this Page >

Vip Lounge Cusco

Vip Lounge Cusco

Old Jul 24, 12, 6:14 pm
Ambassador: Peru
Original Poster

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Vip Lounge Cusco

For Priority Pass users, I just visited the vip lounge at CUZ. The access is before the security check (you must calculate the time at peak hours), at first floor. It was good. No self service but waiters attend you. It's not as big as Sumaq but is bigger than Caral (LIM domestic terminal lounge).

It has access also from the international area, but I couldn't see if it was after or before the security check.
Old Jul 26, 12, 5:56 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
It has access also from the international area, but I couldn't see if it was after or before the security check.
If it was after the security check, one could avoid security by entering the lounge domestic side and exiting on International side? ...unlikely.
Old Jul 26, 12, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Vip Lounge Cusco

True! It must be before. I didn't realize that. I guess I doubted because I saw what it seemed a line of people thru the glass door (?)
Old Aug 7, 12, 3:45 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles
For Priority Pass users, I just visited the vip lounge at CUZ. The access is before the security check (you must calculate the time at peak hours), at first floor. It was good. No self service but waiters attend you. It's not as big as Sumaq but is bigger than Caral (LIM domestic terminal lounge).

I don't have PP but am OW Sapphire which I believe won't get me into the CUZ club. I have heard US$25 is cover charge for entry. What will this buy me? Does it offer free alcohol and hot / cold food or nibbles?
Old Aug 7, 12, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gary View Post
I have heard US$25 is cover charge for entry. What will this buy me? Does it offer free alcohol and hot / cold food or nibbles?
I didn't ask for alcohol drinks (it was 6:30am ) but it probably does for free. I'm sure you get snacks, soda. The webpage does not indicate details of the cover.
Vip Lounge Cusco
Old Aug 17, 12, 7:57 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Only non-alcoholic drinks are complimentary, at least with PP & Diners. You should expect quiet, coffee shop-like lounge. They offer cold & hot beverages and snacks from the menu. I have been a couple of times and there has been more employees than clients.
Old Aug 31, 12, 1:04 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
There is another thread of domestic lounges in Peru under Lanpass section which is useful for those travelling to other destinations within Peru.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lan-l...nges-peru.html
Old Aug 31, 12, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Has anybody been in Trujillo Vip room? I know it's not a PP lounge, I guess it's similar to Tarapoto cause I've read entrance is S/.15 with a coffee or something like that.
Old Sep 2, 12, 9:01 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Has anybody been in Trujillo Vip room? I know it's not a PP lounge, I guess it's similar to Tarapoto cause I've read entrance is S/.15 with a coffee or something like that.
Be sure to pop in and report back!
Old Sep 9, 12, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

TRUJILLO

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22 View Post
Be sure to pop in and report back!
TRU is a very small airport, the baggage claim area is very very small. Iquitos and Arequipa ar far larger. Though Trujillo it's an important city in Peru, it's the shortest flight from Lima (45 to 50 min) of large commercial airlines (I saw just LAN and Taca counters). Maybe that's why there are not many flights.

They do have a vip room, managed by the airport, it's not a PP lounge. Entrance is 15 soles, includes a sandwich and a coffee or tea. Wifi is the same as the terminal (Telefonica), a bit slow. In general not big deal. There are just 13 seats + a laptop and printer (mini business center). A LCD TV, bar, liquor available (Pisco is S/.20 for example)
Old Sep 12, 12, 8:30 am
Original Poster

From PP mail:

PERU - EIGHT NEW LOUNGES, EIGHT NEW AIRPORTS

Members traveling to or from Peru will be delighted to know we've increased our lounge coverage across the country, thanks to the addition of Sala VIP Juliaca Lounge* at Juliaca Inca Manco Capac International (JUL), and seven Caral VIP Lounges in the Domestic Terminals at the following airports:

Cajamarca (CJA)*
Chiclayo (CIX)
Iquitos (IQT)
Piura (PIU)
Pucallpa (PCL)*
Tarapoto (TPP)
Trujillo (TRU)*

*Accessible effective 15 September 2012.
Old Nov 27, 16, 6:49 am

There is a VIP lounge now in the domestic terminal, after security check downstairs. Very small, less than 2 dozen seats. Bathroom inside. Limited snacks like crackers and chips in a large bowl, not individual packs. Instant coffee and some soft drinks in the fridge. The only fun thing for us was the fresh oj machine. TV was blasting when we arrived, which we muted right away since we were the first ones there.
Old Nov 28, 16, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Umm, you mean downstairs before security? Security is upstairs, isn't it?

I was in that lounge yesterday. Ist literally next to check in counters. Way better than the PP lounge in Lima domestic terminal. Decent breakfast and space to spread out.
Old Dec 4, 16, 11:43 am
Original Poster

According to P.Pass, these are the 2 vip lounges at Cusco, VIP Lounge Cusco SAC and Kuntur VIP Lounge:

https://www.prioritypass.com/es/loun...5-b8c114c7d523
Old Dec 7, 16, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA
According to P.Pass, these are the 2 vip lounges at Cusco, VIP Lounge Cusco SAC and Kuntur VIP Lounge:

https://www.prioritypass.com/es/loun...5-b8c114c7d523
Ah, that makes sense.

FWIW, the one before security is very good. Far better than the one in LIM domestic terminal, not even comparable (LIM one is an absolute dump)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: