Wiki Posts
Search

Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Portland, OR

I will be going to Portland for the first time ever over Labor Day weekend. I will be staying at the Hotel Monaco in downtown. Does anyone have any must see recommendations/dining/etc. to do while in the city?

Just an overview-I plan to hike outside of the city during the days, and hang out in the city at night, and my last day there, which is 9/1. If anyone has any recommended hikes around Mt. Hood, I'd appreciate that as well. Right now, I am looking at doing Paradise Park or McNeil Point. Any suggested hikes for the Columbia River Gorge are appreciated it as well. I'm pretty fit and am an experienced hiker, so difficulty is not a big issue to me.

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I just had one of the best Thai meals I've ever had last week at Pok Pok in Portland. (http://www.pokpokpdx.com/) It was the Oregonian Restaurant of the Year in 2007 and is very reasonably priced.

Do a search for "Portland Hikes" and you'll find a number of previous threads on the topic.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 6:27 pm

glenny84,

Funny, you should start this thread. We'll be at the Monaco for the labor day wknd as well. I'll send you a pm. Maybe, we can pub-crawl together. Check this thread that I've started for some suggestions that people have made.

BLI-Flyer,

Yes, I absolutely agree. We've been to Pok Pok and I can say that it's as authentic as you can get. I look forward to going back to PDX to have a meal there.

rgds,

drew
Old Aug 20, 2008, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Thanks to both of you for the links/recommendations.

ddrewboy,

Let's definitely try to do a pub crawl, it would be great! I see that your home city is SAV. Coincidentally, I will be there for a week in September, so I could probably use some more recs from you. Shoot me a pm when you get a chance.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:21 pm

glenny84,

pm sent.

drew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.