FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pacific-northwest-759/)
-   -   Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pacific-northwest/307137-consolidated-parking-sea-thread.html)

jerry a. laska Jan 3, 2013 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeves (Post 19963672)
I was disappointed to find out that my go to place Shuttlepark2 doesn't have any current coupons available. Their website says they are between web specials right now. It's not the end of the world but they want $12.70/day + the usual fees. Any other suggestions?

Mpark is advertising $8.99 in the Alaska Airlines mag (valid thru Feb 28).
mparkseatac.com
Wallypark has a 25% off entire stay coupon for SEA in the mag (valid til Dec 31, 2012).

Jeeves Jan 3, 2013 8:50 pm

We chose MPark at $8.99. Seems like a good operation.

Seattlenerd Jan 3, 2013 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 19968357)
Mpark is advertising $8.99 in the Alaska Airlines mag (valid thru Feb 28).
mparkseatac.com
Wallypark has a 25% off entire stay coupon for SEA in the mag (valid til Dec 31, 2012).

You can get the same Wallypark discount just by showing a AAA card, FWIW.

missamo80 May 2, 2013 4:10 pm

Lately Wallypark has been selling $100 worth of gift certificates for $50 at Seattle area Costcos. Makes parking there an absolute steal!

Neil

Seattlenerd May 2, 2013 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80 (Post 20689426)
Lately Wallypark has been selling $100 worth of gift certificates for $50 at Seattle area Costcos. Makes parking there an absolute steal!

Neil

I've only found these at the downtown Seattle Costco (not Federal Way or others lately), FWIW. And they are still there. ^

mbluecpa May 8, 2013 7:47 am

Does anyone here have any updates as to when (if at all) the space formerly used by the rental car companies in the garage will re-striped and available for parking? With the 8th floor closed, at least a couple hundred spaces on 7 blocked off, and summer approaching, the garage could surely use the capacity.

qisu May 9, 2013 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd (Post 20689898)
I've only found these at the downtown Seattle Costco (not Federal Way or others lately), FWIW. And they are still there. ^

I have seen wallypark giftcards at costco seattle, renton and kirkland

SFOHPN May 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Used Wallypark recently and will be using them again, especially with the Costco gift cards and AAA discount. The only odd thing is they took my AAA card and made a scan/copy of it along with the gift cards I used. Has anyone else experienced this?

Seattlenerd May 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by SFOHPN (Post 20806029)
Used Wallypark recently and will be using them again, especially with the Costco gift cards and AAA discount. The only odd thing is they took my AAA card and made a scan/copy of it along with the gift cards I used. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes on the AAA card scanning. It's now stored permanently with my WallyClub card information and I've never had to show it again; I always get the 25% discount.

SFOHPN Jul 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Picked up some Wallypark GCs at Costco (Kirkland location) about two weeks ago and they are selling new Wallypark GCs with T&Cs on the back that do not allow you to combine with the AAA discount. Was given the option of using the gift cards or my AAA discount last night at SEA, but not both like in the past.

For those of you who still have the old GCs without the T&Cs excluding the AAA discount, hopefully they do not give you any problems with combining with the AAA discount. Overall still a decent deal on parking, but not as great as it used to be.

evergrn Jul 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Has anybody ever had an instance where they went to Wally's Premier Garage and they couldn't find any self-park spots open on the covered levels?

I've never had problems finding space, including even Thanksgiving last year. Then one day recently, I was surprised to find there were hardly any spots left. In fact, we had to drive around for 10min to finally find someone leaving. I always took it for granted that I'd find space there every single time, so I'm wondering if this was an aberration. Btw, I'd rather not do valet or uncovered level.

qisu Aug 1, 2013 11:18 am

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 21180236)
Has anybody ever had an instance where they went to Wally's Premier Garage and they couldn't find any self-park spots open on the covered levels?

I've never had problems finding space, including even Thanksgiving last year. Then one day recently, I was surprised to find there were hardly any spots left. In fact, we had to drive around for 10min to finally find someone leaving. I always took it for granted that I'd find space there every single time, so I'm wondering if this was an aberration. Btw, I'd rather not do valet or uncovered level.

I have had this happen i think twice in ~20 visits this year. each time the lady at the gate tells me self parking is full and asks me to go valet. the first time i listened to her. the 2nd time i insisted on trying to look for a spot. customers are coming back on the shuttles, so there usually are people leaving all the time. i was able to snag a spot on the top floor from a customer who just came back.

xenvar Aug 4, 2013 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by SFOHPN (Post 21146483)
Picked up some Wallypark GCs at Costco (Kirkland location) about two weeks ago and they are selling new Wallypark GCs with T&Cs on the back that do not allow you to combine with the AAA discount. Was given the option of using the gift cards or my AAA discount last night at SEA, but not both like in the past.

For those of you who still have the old GCs without the T&Cs excluding the AAA discount, hopefully they do not give you any problems with combining with the AAA discount. Overall still a decent deal on parking, but not as great as it used to be.

I can attest to the above... I had picked up some of the WallyPark GCs at the Woodinville Costco near the end of June and had not looked at this thread for a couple of months. Imagine my surprise when the lady at the exit told me I could not use both my AAA discount and the cards! She pointed out the "terms & conditions" on the back and said there used to be other cards that did not have the terms. However, no discounts are combinable with the current cards. My cost for 8 days of parking in self park at the garage was $152. I basically paid $50 for $100 in cards, and then added another $52 on my credit card, so $102 total is what I paid for 8 days of parking.

I think I may go back to using the MasterPark MPark self park lot. I've always had good luck finding spaces there, shuttles are fast, and even though there is no attendant for the lot, the lot always has a shuttle with driver in it because they cannot leave until the other shuttle returns from the airport. No coupons needed, and right now it is $9.50 per day plus taxes.

qisu Aug 4, 2013 10:09 pm

another good choice is extracar. look on their yelp page, they usually have a coupon code for $5.95 a day + tax and fees. you do need to make reservation and pay in advance. and it's valet only. i have used them a few times, they are pretty reliable.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/extra-car-ai...rking-seatac-2

evergrn Aug 5, 2013 12:21 am

Originally Posted by qisu (Post 21196967)
I have had this happen i think twice in ~20 visits this year. each time the lady at the gate tells me self parking is full and asks me to go valet. the first time i listened to her. the 2nd time i insisted on trying to look for a spot. customers are coming back on the shuttles, so there usually are people leaving all the time. i was able to snag a spot on the top floor from a customer who just came back.

I see. So this does happen from time to time then. Btw they allow you to make a reservation online ahead of time, but I wonder how that works and how they assure that there will be a spot for me.

Seattlenerd Aug 5, 2013 5:56 am

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 21215774)
I see. So this does happen from time to time then. Btw they allow you to make a reservation online ahead of time, but I wonder how that works and how they assure that there will be a spot for me.

The reservation page/process has changed in the last few months. This one is more specific than the previous, so I suspect it's more accurate. But it's hard to tell.

Since there's no charge, there's no harm to reserve. I've done it for three August trips and print out the page to bring with me.

I suspect it won't be a truly solid "reservation" unless WallyPark, like ShuttlePark2, charges a reservation deposit. That would limit reservations made by folks who aren't sure if they'll park at WallyPark.

qisu Aug 16, 2013 3:50 pm

interesting, i didnt realize they made this change to the reservation process. my impression from spring time was that the reservations were not guaranteed (dont remember where i read that fineprint). i'll have to ask next time i go there.

evergrn Aug 17, 2013 3:55 am

Wally's is probably the only place at SEA with those ding-guard dividers between stalls. But is there another pkg garage you can recommend at SEA where each stall is relatively wide, in order to minimize the risks of door dings?

evergrn Sep 17, 2013 1:11 am

Bumping this. Looking for alternative option to Wally's Garage (only place I've used recently). Looking for a cheap place with frequent/reliable shuttle service, consistent parking availability, and most importantly fairly spacious parking slots.

Vanessa Howell Nov 26, 2013 9:11 pm

SEA airport parking, experiences and loyalty programs

Hey folks,

I've been following along with fascination learning about the various airline and hotel loyalty programs. Something I haven't heard mentioned much is airport parking.

I had been loyal to a particular parking chain in Seattle (MasterPark) for 13 years when I decided to try another that gave me points for parking that could be used towards free parking days (Wally Park). After two bad experiences with them (http://www.milesfromhere.com/2013/11...ppoints-again/) I'm back with MasterPark.

I was wondering though, does anyone have a recommended parking company (in Seattle) that offers a good loyalty program, good prices and gets you to the airport quickly?

MasterPark is great in all respects, but doesn't offer a loyalty program, and is a little more expensive than others.

Ocn Vw 1K Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am

As the OP is asking about Seattle airport parking, I'll move this to the West destination forum, where SEA is often discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

evergrn Dec 1, 2013 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Vanessa Howell (Post 21861285)
Hey folks,

I've been following along with fascination learning about the various airline and hotel loyalty programs. Something I haven't heard mentioned much is airport parking.

I had been loyal to a particular parking chain in Seattle (MasterPark) for 13 years when I decided to try another that gave me points for parking that could be used towards free parking days (Wally Park). After two bad experiences with them (http://www.milesfromhere.com/2013/11...ppoints-again/) I'm back with MasterPark.

I was wondering though, does anyone have a recommended parking company (in Seattle) that offers a good loyalty program, good prices and gets you to the airport quickly?

MasterPark is great in all respects, but doesn't offer a loyalty program, and is a little more expensive than others.

I read your story about your Wally experiences on your link. Your first story... I don't know what to say other than that:
1).I can't remember NOT having been offered to have my suitcase carried up into the shuttle at Wally's Premier Garage (and I've probably parked there probably ~15x over the past couple years).
2).How can you expect the shuttle to drive off the minute you sit down? They leave every 5min or so, and you're not always going to be the last passenger to get on.
3).What felt like a roundout loop the shuttle took from the garage to the terminal is actually the shortest way according to SEA's setup. But you didn't mention that, on the way back (after pick up at the terminal), the shuttle ride from the terminal to Wally's Garage is like 1-2 minutes only. So the entire shuttle loop is probably the same as most other places.

Can't comment on your second story because I rarely park in Wally's open lot.

Just defending Wally's, because they've been good for the most part. Anyways, I too am always looking for other good options.

Vanessa Howell Dec 8, 2013 3:46 pm

Appreciate your perspective, thanks!

I've never waited more than 30s at Masterpark, so 5 mins is forever in comparison. I guess I expect it because that's what I'm used to.

The overall journey was quite a bit longer compared with Masterpark. It was likely the fastest way from Wally's parking garage, but still took about twice as long as I'm used to.

I might just be spoiled, and it's possible Wally is better than other options I haven't tried. But they don't even compare with the speed, friendliness and overall quality of service I've received from Masterpark.

evergrn Mar 23, 2014 3:00 pm

At Wally's (garage one), I recently made the online reservation on a whim (I usually don't) before showing up. When I got there, the lady said she'd had to turn me away unless I had a reservation. Apparently they were full. Think that was the first time I was told it was full. Luckily I made the reservation. Their whole reservation process seems overly simple and sketchy to me. Do you guys know if the reservation absolutely guarantees you get to park there, or has anyone ever been turned away from Wally's premier garage even with a reservation?

Seattlenerd Mar 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 22574401)
Their whole reservation process seems overly simple and sketchy to me.

Why do you say it's "sketchy?" You weren't turned away.

Unlike ShuttlePark2, they don't require a reservation fee (IIRC, it had been $10 at SP2) and that appears to be the only difference. But I've been turned away at SP2 even with a reservation and directed to other co-owned lots. I've never been turned away at WallyPark, though I have been told I'd have to park valet.

evergrn Mar 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd (Post 22575627)
Why do you say it's "sketchy?" You weren't turned away.

Okay so maybe the system is legit. I just said sketchy for no reason other than that their booking process is so simple with no upfront deposit or anything (although I suppose car rentals are the same way) and the fact that the system would let me book even though the garage was full. I booked the night before and got there super-early in the morning... I would think with SEA there're more folks returning at night than going, so I doubt the parking occupancy had increased from the time I booked until the time I got there.

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd (Post 22575627)
I've never been turned away at WallyPark, though I have been told I'd have to park valet.

That's good to hear. At the last visit, I was also told I'd have to valet but they gave me the self-park rates since I had the self-park reservation and the lot was full.

I'm asking because I've got a trip coming up where the schedule works out such that I don't have any margin for error in terms of having any kind of parking issues.

SFOHPN May 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Went to buy some Wally Park gift cards at the Kirkland, WA Costco this weekend and they did not have any. They checked the surrounding Costco locations for me and none of the stores had them in stock.

Has anyone been able to buy these recently? I'm hoping Costco doesn't stop carrying these, as it made Wally Park a decent deal.

Where are people parking these days?

dhb2112 May 20, 2014 8:39 am

I use park n fly right next to the sky bridge at the light rail station. Sign up for express program and it is $10+tax. Because it is so close I often walk instead of taking the shuttle. You do need to call to get the shuttle though.

Kaphias May 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Any recommendations for very long-term parking at the airport? Looking for a place for just less than three months. Thinking about WallyPark, will be spendy but I guess that's what I'm in for. Heard from multiple people that Costco no longer has the gift cards, has anyone heard otherwise?

swy Dec 4, 2014 11:36 am

Has anyone used http://www.aboutairportparking.com/ ? It seems to be a consolidator of various lots (like kayak) and their rates are much cheaper than if you go to the lot operators' sites directly. What's the catch?

evergrn Dec 20, 2014 5:19 pm

What are the chances that the general parking at SEA's garage could be full on Christmas day?

I've almost always parked at an off-site garage. But it has now reached the point where Wally garage is MORE expensive than Seatac garage, even with AAA discount. Masterpark garage is even pricier. It's cheaper to do park-n-fly at Hilton than to park at Wally garage (but Hilton's outdoor pkg).

So for the first time, I'm thinking of parking long-term at Seatac garage. But I want to make sure I won't get turned back because it's full or something.

Seattlenerd Dec 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 24030093)
What are the chances that the general parking at SEA's garage could be full on Christmas day?

I've almost always parked at an off-site garage. But it has now reached the point where Wally garage is MORE expensive than Seatac garage, even with AAA discount. Masterpark garage is even pricier. It's cheaper to do park-n-fly at Hilton than to park at Wally garage (but Hilton's outdoor pkg).

So for the first time, I'm thinking of parking long-term at Seatac garage. But I want to make sure I won't get turned back because it's full or something.

Funny, I was just expressing my annoyance with WallyPark (I also have AAA) because, in addition to the the fees that are tacked on, they have also increased the number of WallyClub points required to redeem a free day of parking.

It's now 150 points per day, up from 105 per day earlier this year, for covered self-park at the Premier Garage. Annoying as all hell, and a nearly 50% increase.

Sea-Tac Airport garage just emailed notice of a special offer for holiday parking at $18/day or $95/week, all taxes included (minimum stay is three days). There are no other restrictions on who can take advantage of the offer (a copy of the offer is required). It's good for parking through 1/4/15.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in how full it gets over the holidays. But if they are sending out special offers ... my guess is not full.

evergrn Dec 20, 2014 5:58 pm

I'm aware of that holiday offer from Sea-tac and, with that discount, SEA comes out cheaper than Wally garage for my dates.

Yeah the Wally points thing is annoying. They still do have the 20% AAA discount, but I noticed their website no longer mentions it. I had to call Wally's to confirm that the discount is still there. I don't know why they no longer advertise it... maybe they don't want people to know.

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd (Post 24030160)
Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in how full it gets over the holidays. But if they are sending out special offers ... my guess is not full.

Your guess is probably right. Does anyone else have firsthand experience?

Jimgotkp Dec 23, 2014 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 24030203)
Your guess is probably right. Does anyone else have firsthand experience?

Not during Christmas Week but I took advantage of the $99 deal last week. Didn't have an issue finding a parking spot..

evergrn Dec 24, 2014 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp (Post 24043048)
Not during Christmas Week but I took advantage of the $99 deal last week. Didn't have an issue finding a parking spot..

Thanks. Well, I'm gonna take a chance. I'll go early. If the garage is full, I'll switch over to one of the off-site outdoor lots.

I wish Seatac would post real-time parking availability online. PHX does it.

evergrn Dec 27, 2014 2:18 am

Southern ~half of the 7th floor of the garage (second from the top, I think) was almost completely empty the Christmas Day morning. All that worrying for nothing, lol.

BearX220 Dec 28, 2014 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 24057632)
Southern ~half of the 7th floor of the garage (second from the top, I think) was almost completely empty the Christmas Day morning. All that worrying for nothing, lol.

It's grown so expensive I think many now avoid it. I can't even bill Sea-Tac parking back to clients with a straight face anymore.

Jimgotkp Dec 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220 (Post 24063498)
It's grown so expensive I think many now avoid it. I can't even bill Sea-Tac parking back to clients with a straight face anymore.

Parking at any airport's parking garage is expensive nowadays. If it wasn't for the $99 deal they had a few weeks ago, I would've went elsewhere. Seems like WallyPark is pretty expensive, specifically at their parking garage location. :(

BearX220 Dec 29, 2014 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp (Post 24065539)
Parking at any airport's parking garage is expensive nowadays.

Ah... let's see about that. These are all airport commission-operated garages and lots:

Dulles Airport economy lot: $10 per day. Close-in garages: $17 per day.
BWI economy lot: $6 per day. Daily parking garage: $12 per day.
O'Hare economy lots: $9 to $17 per day depending on proximity to terminal.
LAX economy lot: $12 per day. Close-in central garage: $30 per day.
DFW remote / economy parking: $9 per day. Close-in garages: $22 per day.
ATL economy lots: $9 to $12 per day. Close-in garages, walk to terminal:$16 per day.
SEA: no economy rate. Close-in garage: $28 per day, $35 for "terminal direct" level.

I only resort to Sea-Tac on-site parking when I'm late for a flight. I keep a sheaf of ShuttlePark2 discount coupons (current deal: $9.50 per day, but it varies) in my glove box.

cblaisd Jan 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Need to park for the first time (around 7 a.m. on a Wednesday morning, returning on Saturday evening) at SEA and still find myself confused driving around the airport area.

Can anyone suggest parking that is both reasonable and very easy to find/get to coming from the south on I-5?