Wiki Posts
Search

Top SEA airport hotel option?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Top SEA airport hotel option?

Seeking the community's advice as to the best SEA airport hotel option for one night stay, with early checkout and early morning flight.

Priorities are Clean, Quiet and Updated Rooms, Good Customer Service (do they actually have a bellperson?), Free Shuttle that operates at 6:30 AM, Breakfast service opens at least by 6:00.

We have gold status with Hilton and Marriott, if either of those chains ends up in a tiebreaker.

Many thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:05 am
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
Most hotels near SeaTac are not that great. Cedarbrook lodge is probably the nicest option.

Not sure if you are transiting overnight, or just have an early flight. If the latter, I’d consider just staying downtown. An Uber from downtown at 6am takes under 20 minutes. Meanwhile, because of the way the roads near SEA are laid out, the drive from the airport hotels on Tukwila Int’l Blvd to the airport to departures can take 10 minutes or more if you’re unlucky with the red lights (plus add in waiting for the shuttle…) So, staying in SeaTac might not actually save much time.
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Watch out for SEA airport hotels that charge a fee (I recall $6 per person) to use their own airport shuttle service. There are a couple hotels that don't look great but are located right across the street from the terminal and hence would be walkable if you don't have a lot of luggage.

The last time I had an overnight connection at SEA (which wasn't a late arrival or early departure), used the light rain in both direction between the airport and downtown. I picked a hotel that was only a couple blocks from a station, in this case Olive 8, and was happy with the experience.
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The Crowne Plaza has recently renovated rooms, a very good restaurant, and a good shuttle. If you have IHG points it's usually the same price as the Holiday Inn Express. We had a very good overnight stay thee a few months ago prior to an early flight.
747FC and nineworldseries like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marrriott, Hilton, National
I would go with the Seattle Airport Marriott. Great clean and renovated hotel and it is back off of Int'l Blvd, so it is much quieter. It has everything you need. Your time to the airport even with lights is still quick, but others comments are correct, it is a lot of turns and go north to do south back toward where you started to get into the airport.
Downtown can be fast but the section of I-5 into downtown can be a parking lot of traffic and you could find yourself not getting anywhere for 50+ mins not 20. If you do want to see downtown, take the light rail at the airport right into the heart of downtown - its fast and easy
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:47 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card
I was going to suggest Cedarbrook, but then thought that all people care about here is big chains and points. Yet there was Cedarbrook as the first suggestion! It's nice to be in the Pacific Northwest and see a real tree from your room.
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Maglev
I was going to suggest Cedarbrook, but then thought that all people care about here is big chains and points. Yet there was Cedarbrook as the first suggestion! It's nice to be in the Pacific Northwest and see a real tree from your room.
Absolutely another vote for Cedarbrook, having stayed there a while ago. The restaurant, whose name I forget, was fabulous, a sort of farm to table place.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for their quick responses. Very informative.

Originally Posted by _fx
Most hotels near SeaTac are not that great. Cedarbrook lodge is probably the nicest option.

Not sure if you are transiting overnight, or just have an early flight. If the latter, I’d consider just staying downtown. An Uber from downtown at 6am takes under 20 minutes. Meanwhile, because of the way the roads near SEA are laid out, the drive from the airport hotels on Tukwila Int’l Blvd to the airport to departures can take 10 minutes or more if you’re unlucky with the red lights (plus add in waiting for the shuttle…) So, staying in SeaTac might not actually save much time.
We are staying in downtown for an extended stay at the the Edgewater. Not sure whether this location is still a quick trip to the airport at 6:00-6:30 AM? Not having to leave one hotel for another is a plus, if we are only saving 10-15 minutes travel time.

Originally Posted by Bob Reehoorn
Downtown can be fast but the section of I-5 into downtown can be a parking lot of traffic and you could find yourself not getting anywhere for 50+ mins not 20. If you do want to see downtown, take the light rail at the airport right into the heart of downtown - its fast and easy
I'm not going downtown at this time in the morning, rather, going from downtown to the airport. Is traffic still a concern?

The Cedarbrook hotel sounds great if we were to stay near the airport!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:41 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
I would definitely stay at the Edgewater another night. Cedarbrook is nice but not worth switching hotels over. There will be minimal traffic at 6am. And you don’t even need to get on I-5 or go through downtown from that location.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by 747FC
Seeking the community's advice as to the best SEA airport hotel option for one night stay, with early checkout and early morning flight.

Priorities are Clean, Quiet and Updated Rooms, Good Customer Service (do they actually have a bellperson?), Free Shuttle that operates at 6:30 AM, Breakfast service opens at least by 6:00.

We have gold status with Hilton and Marriott, if either of those chains ends up in a tiebreaker.

Many thanks!
crowne plaza , marriot, Hilton, Radisson along international drive are close walking distance and you usually can check in earlier.

at 176th across the street from airport

you walk thru parking garage to light rail. There is a pedestrian bridge across the street to 176 and international. A crowne plaza, Hilton, and Marriott are therr.

the radisson is if you go to south end of baggage claim snd walk outside on sidewalk and stay on outer sidewalk when you hit international the radisson and a few others sre across the street.
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
We are staying in downtown for an extended stay at the the Edgewater. Not sure whether this location is still a quick trip to the airport at 6:00-6:30 AM? Not having to leave one hotel for another is a plus, if we are only saving 10-15 minutes travel time.
With that additional piece of information, I would also stay put. A hotel move is not worth it, even though the restaurant isn't bad there!
747FC and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your insights. Just to be clear, we will not be walking to any terminals as we will have substantial luggage with us.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:17 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card
You'll enjoy the Edgewater! I hope you got a room with a balcony. They have a nice restaurant, too, although last time we were there they didn't do room service. And re: my comment about seeing a "real" tree from your room at Cedarbrook, at the Edgewater, you'll see some very artistic fake trees..

And traffic shouldn't be too much of a problem leaving for the airport at 6 am.
747FC and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Thanks, everyone, for sharing your insights. Just to be clear, we will not be walking to any terminals as we will have substantial luggage with us.
Unless something has changed, UberXL/LyftXL will pick you up at baggage claim door, unlike regular Uber/Lyft.
747FC likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Unless something has changed, UberXL/LyftXL will pick you up at baggage claim door, unlike regular Uber/Lyft.
Thanks for mentioning this! I haven't even begun to plan for our ride from SEA to our hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.