Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Reasonable connection time on inbound international flight at PDX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I'm looking at LAX-London flights for this summer and the nonstop options quickly get close to $1k for the dates I need (not much flexibility on when I go as the reason I'm going is for a wedding). Looking at Delta I'm seeing reasonable-ish options that involve a connection in Portland in both directions; is a 2 hour connection enough on the way back? I have Global Entry and since it's the summer I would try to get away with not checking a bag.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If DL sells the connection, it is within MCT (which is 1:10). If you do misconnect, DL will need to reroute you on its next available flight. Your 2 hours is roughly 2x the MCT and should permit a leisurely transfer. In addition, as your return will be an EU departure, you will be covered by EC 261/2004 and thus be covered for at least hotels and meals if it comes to that and delay compensation of EUR 600 depending on the circumstances and length of your delay.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:33 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
PDX is a modestly-sized airport, and 2 hours is plenty of time.

If on the day of travel you are likely to miss your connection for some reason (delayed inbound plane for LAX-PDX, for example), there are direct LAX-LHR flights departing later in the evening DL should be able to re-route you on. Just make sure to be proactively ask for this should a problem arise. PDX-LHR itself is only once daily, so if there's a problem, you want to solve it in LHR or LAX, not PDX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.