Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle MCT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Question Seattle MCT

Would 2 hours be sufficient for connection arriving on domestic flight (Alaskan airlines from Billings, MT) to connecti with international flight (Aer Lingus to Dublin, Ireland). Do I have to collect my check-in luggage at Seattle & recheck it in for connecting international flight & consequently have to go through passport/security control again. If I only have carry-on cabin luggage do I still have to go through passport check-in & security again in Seattle? Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:25 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Welcome to FT!

If the flights are on one ticket your bags will be checked through. If they're on separate tickets, you'd need to collect them and go back through security, in which case 2 hours would be pretty dicey.

The US has no exit passport control. You'll need to show your passport when checking in so that it can be determined you're legally eligible to fly to Ireland, but otherwise there are no formalities.

If you only have carry-on bags, it's plenty of time and no, no security check; you'll be "airside" the whole time. You'll need to get to the south satellite from your Alaska arrival gate, but that shouldn't take more than 15 minutes or so.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank's for your helpful assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.