Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

What are your favorite coffee shops in the PacWest?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Do u have any fav coffee shops in the area?

For Seattle, I like Caffe Umbria and Zeigeist coffee, both in Pioneer Square.
Fran's(chocolate shop) serves a kickass mocha as they use really good chocolate.

Monorail Espresso is awesome too but they only take cash.
It is a small walk up hole in the wall(literally) that serves amazing coffee.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Analog Coffee in Seattle. Seven Virtues in PDX.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
On our visit to Oregon, I felt like Dutch Bros. was everywhere but my son kept me away, telling me there were better places but he never took me to one.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
I loved the Hazelnut Latte at Case Study in Portland, OR as they use their home-ground hazelnuts and not the syrups.

Also recommend Heart Coffee Roasters in Portland!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Oh, you mean coffeehouses, rather than "coffee shops!"

"Coffee shop" means (or at least, used to mean) a casual restaurant that serves meals, not a place that specializes in fancy coffee.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Oh, you mean coffeehouses, rather than "coffee shops!"

"Coffee shop" means (or at least, used to mean) a casual restaurant that serves meals, not a place that specializes in fancy coffee.
Maybe it used to mean that, but no longer. "Coffee shop" is the term commonly used for businesses that specialize in coffee - no one says "coffeehouse" anymore
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by thegingninj
Maybe it used to mean that, but no longer. "Coffee shop" is the term commonly used for businesses that specialize in coffee - no one says "coffeehouse" anymore
I've got news for you. Some people still call them coffeehouses, and use "coffee shop" to refer to a casual restaurant.

And, Starbucks itself uses the term "coffeehouse." You'll find that self-referential term on their website! If Starbucks doesn't call themselves a "coffee shop" chain, but rather a "coffeehouse," that's pretty definitive.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I've got news for you. Some people still call them coffeehouses, and use "coffee shop" to refer to a casual restaurant.

And, Starbucks itself uses the term "coffeehouse." You'll find that self-referential term on their website! If Starbucks doesn't call themselves a "coffee shop" chain, but rather a "coffeehouse," that's pretty definitive.
and there I thought this thread was about canabis product dispensaries

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_shop

(I think different people use different terms. I - still? - use coffee house for a place that primarily serves coffee drinks and coffee shop for diner style restaurants, so clearly it isn’t “no one” who uses those definitions)
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:39 am

Portland - Trailhead Cup & Bar
Seattle - Cafe Cesura (Bellevue)
Vancouver, BC - Pallet Coffee Roasters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.