Reload this Page >

SEATAC International Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wylek
In the south (international arrivals) satellite you go through immigration, then pick up your checked luggage, then proceed to customs.

Arriving passengers
Upon exiting agriculture and baggage inspection, passengers ending their journey in Seattle will exit to the right (following the green walls). They will board the train to the main terminal, taking smaller luggage with them, but placing larger luggage on the belt to be claimed at Baggage Claim 1 of the main terminal.

Connecting passengers
Upon exiting agriculture and baggage inspection, connecting passengers will go left (following the orange walls) and check their luggage for the next flight. Agents from Alaska Airlines and Delta Air Lines will be available to help their passengers recheck and re-book any connecting flights if needed. If transferring to other airline carriers you will exit and recheck your bags at your airline's ticketing counter on the pre-secure side of Sea-Tac.

Sea-Tac Airport consists of one main terminal (with four concourses), and two satellites.

Note: A new "international arrivals facility" is scheduled to open in Fall 2020 Spring 2021. It will increase the number of international-capable gates (from 12 to 20) as well as the number of bag claim carousels (from four to seven).

Print Wikipost

SEATAC International Arrival

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 4:00 pm

Is it possible to access lounges when arriving internationally (Delta SkyClub in particular which allows access on arrival)?

When I wanted to do this, I realized the train from the S terminal took me out of the secure area, so I couldn't go back to the lounge.

Maybe I can take the connecting exit even though Seattle is my final destination? Will they let me through without a connecting flight boarding pass and with a full size bag that I don't want to check in again?

Edit: Will post as a separate thread
Old May 16, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
New Int'l Arrivals Facility - and luggage?

Looking for insights from anyone with experience arriving at Seatac's new IAF, with regard to what happens with checked bags, specifically how long of a slog is it?

My spouse will be arriving on a long international flight in a few days. She will be traveling alone, and bringing 3 large checked bags with her, plus a carry-on or two (don't get me started on all that...). My concern is about how far she will have to manage this mountain of baggage by herself, and exactly what that will entail.

I know all about how such things worked in the old arrivals facility experience: you cleared passport control first, went downstairs to the baggage claim hall, where there were (FREE) baggage carts, you pulled your checked bags off the carousel, wheeled your cart about 20 yards through the customs/ag inspection/etc., then wheeled the cart another 20 yards to the unexpected baggage re-check spot, you watched your re-checked bags disappear down the belt, you headed for the train, you got off in the main terminal, walked up to the end of the main terminal's baggage claim area, grabbed your bags again once they arrived, then somehow get your bags out to the curb for pickup or onward ground transportation (baggage carts there are NOT free).

Now, I've read that the process is completely different, perhaps with fewer stages, but maybe with longer walks. My spouse will be struggling to manage a lot of bags. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make things less of a struggle when I go to pick her up. Can anyone shed any light on what she can expect, and what I could do to help (other than suggesting that she bring fewer bags with her...I've already had that conversation). I can park and go in as far as they will let me (with no boarding pass) to meet her and assist with bags, if that's an option. Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:50 pm

Interesting piece on the artwork overhanging the luggage carousels at the Int'l Arrivals Facility:
https://www.thestranger.com/visual-a...ivals-facility
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: SA, JAL, EK
Bags before Immigration at SEA

My folks arrived at SEA yesterday afternoon - it seems that after arrival of their flight EK 229 they had to first collect bags (which mysteriously came on two carousels) an then head for passport control and immigration -- is this normal or an exception?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kumar2013
My folks arrived at SEA yesterday afternoon - it seems that after arrival of their flight EK 229 they had to first collect bags (which mysteriously came on two carousels) an then head for passport control and immigration -- is this normal or an exception?
Normal. This is standard procedure to clear customs and immigration for an international arrival.

David
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: SA, JAL, EK
Originally Posted by DELee
Normal. This is standard procedure to clear customs and immigration for an international arrival.

David
I have never seen this to be the case at any time when entering the US (check-in bags were always after immigration) or any other country for that matter.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Usually it’s passport, then bags, then immigration for Sfo and bos and Iad for me. I don’t know about SEA. The idea of getting luggage and showing passports is weird. Passport queues are already long. To have luggage with them sounds too much.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Previously Seattle was go through immigration with passport, collect bags, go through customs, like many other places in the USA.

Now in Seattle, it is collect bags and then go through a combined immigrations/customs checkpoint. Apparently, this is the way the government now prefers, which is why it was designed this way.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We arrived in Seattle yesterday, our home airport and used this new facility for the first time. What a horrendous experience. There was a global entry line with no queue but otherwise EVERYONE, whether US citizen or not had to queue in one horrendous line. They didn’t even have a line for the CBP app, which most large airports now do. What an embarrassment and a waste of local tax dollars if this is how things are being run. It was a solid 45 minutes after collecting luggage if you didn’t have global entry to get through the passport queue.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stephem
We arrived in Seattle yesterday, our home airport and used this new facility for the first time. What a horrendous experience. There was a global entry line with no queue but otherwise EVERYONE, whether US citizen or not had to queue in one horrendous line. They didn’t even have a line for the CBP app, which most large airports now do. What an embarrassment and a waste of local tax dollars if this is how things are being run. It was a solid 45 minutes after collecting luggage if you didn’t have global entry to get through the passport queue.
Is it true you collect your luggage BEFORE going through immigration now?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by david55
Is it true you collect your luggage BEFORE going through immigration now?
Yes, you come down a set of escalators into a large area with a few baggage carousels and then proceed to the customs and border protection area. The interesting thing is that the Global Entry kiosks are at the top of the escalators before going down to the baggage carousels. I had GE and so just barged around the line to get to the front and flashed my NEXUS card and was let through. The place was clearly NOT designed to be used as they had it set up yesterday with no separation between US and Non US arrivals. So they snaked a queue up the south side along the windows. It was moronic. I went through GE with our bags and got the car while my wife went through the normal line with our kids. For some odd reason, we renewed all 5 of our NEXUS cards but our 2 youngest boys had a glitch and so expired and we cannot get through to figure out how to fix. That's another issue with CBP!
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:32 pm

Wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask but I will be connecting to an International flight at SEA in late November.

SNA-SEA-HND on Delta through 1 Itinerary.

The layover in SEA is 56 minutes long and I was wondering if that is enough time to transfer onto my international flight at SEA.

Any insight is appreciated, thank you.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by starmeth1990
Wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask but I will be connecting to an International flight at SEA in late November.

SNA-SEA-HND on Delta through 1 Itinerary.

The layover in SEA is 56 minutes long and I was wondering if that is enough time to transfer onto my international flight at SEA.

Any insight is appreciated, thank you.
Actually ...... this is Arrival thread from Int'l.

What you want is MCT at SEA in DL forum.

I'd say doable, but I would not dilly dally. In fact I would walk very briskly.
starmeth1990 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:30 pm

Thanks, wasn't sure, will inquire there and thank you for your insight as well.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
Per Expertflyer:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com

Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at SEA
Incoming airline DL
Outgoing airline DL
Flight type Domestic to International

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE 1.10 1.10 1.30 1.30
OFFLINE 1.10 1.10 1.30 1.30
** OR * ARE ALL
DL-DL DI SUP CDS ** - **
DL-DL DI SUP CDS ** - N/A COUNTRY CA - COUNTRY CA
DL-DL DI SUP COUNTRY CA - COUNTRY CA
DL-DL DI .30
**-DL DI GLSUP CDS N/A - ** COUNTRY RU - ALL 26FEB22 - INF
**-DL DI GLSUP COUNTRY RU - ALL 26FEB22 - INF
**-DL DI 3.30 01JUL12 - INF
DL-** DI 3.00 01DEC18 - INF
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - 2D
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - 2Z
**-** DI GLSUP CDS 2D - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS 2Z - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AD - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AR - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS BC - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS BT - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS D8 - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS DY - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS EK - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS EW - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS F9 - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS H2 - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS HX - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS KC - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS MX - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS NK - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS O2 - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS PC - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS PD - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS QS - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS RO - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS SY - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS TR - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS TS - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS UX - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS VA - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS VB - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS W6 - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS XP - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS Y4 - AA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - AR
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - BC
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - BT
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - D8
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - DY
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - EK
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - EW
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - F9
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - H2
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - KC
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - MX
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - O2
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - PC
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - PD
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - QS
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - RO
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - SY
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - TR
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - UX
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - VA
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - VB
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - W6
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - XP
**-** DI GLSUP CDS AA - Y4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.