Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada vs Porter

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Air Canada vs Porter

Since threads have been moved, it is probably time we have a thread comparing these two airlines since the Porter thread now placed in the other north amercian airlines area has way too much AC stuff in it.

As a concerned FT citizen, I believe this information should be provided right here since it impacts AC.

This seems like an interesting blog to get things started.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2006/0...nada_to_r.html

Just a little history from the beginning.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:59 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
I've always admired Mr Dilusional of Porter for starting an airline close to downtown at an airport at which he controls who the tenants will be. A nice way to guarantee that you will not have competition. Yet, he still does not seem to be doing very well.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:10 pm

The reply above should be deleted, the limited scope of this thread is comparing PD and AC, anything that simply bashes PD isn't comparison.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stinger
Since threads have been moved, it is probably time we have a thread comparing these two airlines since the Porter thread now placed in the other north amercian airlines area has way too much AC stuff in it.

As a concerned FT citizen, I believe this information should be provided right here since it impacts AC.

This seems like an interesting blog to get things started.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2006/0...nada_to_r.html

Just a little history from the beginning.
Interesting postThanks
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:25 pm

AC vs. PD Toronto > Halifax FARES

Looking at the following dates: Dec. 20 - Dec. 31

Porter is showing $160/$160 w/ taxes and fee's =$414.56 ^

Air Canada is showing $273/$260 w/ taxes and fee's = $645.64
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:28 pm

Programs: Sans souci
Originally Posted by Bytepusher
The reply above should be deleted, the limited scope of this thread is comparing PD and AC, anything that simply bashes PD isn't comparison.
Perhaps taupo is saying the two cannot be compared ...
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:34 pm

AC vs. PD FLIGHT PASSES

Porter Passes

Want the option to share. You can share the flights in your Porter Pass with anyone you like, or even travel with them. ^

Air Canada Passes

Flight credits are non-transferable and can only be used by the user designated on the Flight Pass at time of purchase

Last edited by imverge; Sep 24, 2007 at 4:14 pm
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:42 pm

AC vs. PD (Y) IN-FLIGHT BEVERAGE SERVICE

Porter

Our attentive crew is pleased to offer snack and beverage service on all flights, including complimentary soft drinks, wine and beer. ^

Air Canada

Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, liquor and liqueurs) are available for purchase at a cost of 6 CAD/USD$ in Economy Class. Coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks are complimentary.

Last edited by imverge; Sep 24, 2007 at 4:13 pm
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:13 pm

AC vs. PD TORONTO LOUNGE ACCESS

Porter

Short-haul travel is stressful enough. Why not relax for just a few minutes in the Porter passenger lounge? A true innovation and unique among airports today, the lounge is open to all departing passengers at Toronto City Centre Airport and is free of charge. ^

Air Canada

Maple Leaf Lounge access is complimentary for Executive Class customers or purchase a one-time pass for $25 if you are traveling on a Tango Plus or Latitude fare. NO access on Tango fare
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Porter

Our attentive crew is pleased to offer snack and beverage service on all flights, including complimentary soft drinks, wine and beer. ^

Air Canada

Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, liquor and liqueurs) are available for purchase at a cost of 6 CAD/USD$ in Economy Class. Coffee, tea, juices and soft drinks are complimentary.
So the Porter apologists can't even conform to the criteria for posting. Losing their free publicity, are you?

Of course Porter needs free booze, it's to dull the worry about whether your future bookings are safe.

As for your attention-seeking,

Porter is showing $160/$160 w/ taxes and fee's =$414.56

What this tells us is that AC is filling its planes because most people don't live downtown, while Porter is not, which means, in turn, that one should not fork over money to Porter unless it's on a credit card, while AC remains strong and will be with us for many years.^
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Sebring
So the Porter apologists can't even conform to the criteria for posting. Losing their free publicity, are you?

Of course Porter needs free booze, it's to dull the worry about whether your future bookings are safe.

As for your attention-seeking,

What this tells us is that AC is filling its planes because most people don't live downtown, while Porter is not, which means, in turn, that one should not fork over money to Porter unless it's on a credit card, while AC remains strong and will be with us for many years.^
What I am giving you are FACT comparisons with AC vs. PD. I encourage you to do the same

Another thing, who doesn't pay with a credit card these days
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:33 pm

What I am giving you are FACT comparisons with AC vs. PD. I encourage you to do the same

Another thing, who doesn't pay with a credit card these days
But on another thread you claim that Porter flying to EWR will lower fares, yet they aren't bringing down fares to YHZ. Can't have it both ways, however much you try, all that it does it make you look more and more ridiculous.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sebring
But on another thread you claim that Porter flying to EWR will lower fares, yet they aren't bringing down fares to YHZ. Can't have it both ways, however much you try, all that it does it make you look more and more ridiculous.
I suggest you take note of what AC's fares are to EWR today and then compare them to when Porter launches service. The proof is in the fares ala YUL & YOW

The real question is what were AC's fares to Halifax before Porter started service? Since we can't go back in time... re-read the above and get back to me.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:26 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry

Porter is showing $160/$160 w/ taxes and fee's =$414.56 ^

You're comparison shows how much better AC is doing.

In your comparisons you claim Porter has a superior product and service (I will take your word for it as I have never flown them), yet Porter has to whoare themselves with lower fares.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
You're comparison shows how much better AC is doing.

In your comparisons you claim Porter has a superior product and service (I will take your word for it as I have never flown them), yet Porter has to whoare themselves with lower fares.
Yes Porter does have a superior product but don't take my word for it every major newspaper that given ^^ in that dept. Try Google or find.. ummm go to the Porter thread it's there

Porter can offer lower fares because they have a lower cost structure and don't have to pay the high landing fee's at Pearson. That's just example's.

You wanted facts and I gave you facts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.