Wiki Posts
Search

Mexicana Miles Set to Expire

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2007, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX-Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG-Gold
Mexicana Miles Set to Expire

I have about 20,000 miles on Mexicana that I had transfered years ago from American Express MR. I recently tried to transfer them out to Hilton, but told becasue I did not "earn" the miles flying I can not transfer them out.

Any advice as to how to keep them until I can really figure out a use for them. I never use Mexicana, had transfered the MR points back when Mexicana was part of *A. The miles probably should have exoired by now.

Thanks for your thoughs on this.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by DLL1210
I have about 20,000 miles on Mexicana that I had transfered years ago from American Express MR. I recently tried to transfer them out to Hilton, but told becasue I did not "earn" the miles flying I can not transfer them out.

Any advice as to how to keep them until I can really figure out a use for them. I never use Mexicana, had transfered the MR points back when Mexicana was part of *A. The miles probably should have exoired by now.

Thanks for your thoughs on this.
If you stay with Hilton, or rent from Avis or Hertz, you can credit to Frecuenta and keep your miles alive. There's also a "GlobalOne" (Sprint) calling card which I've been using to keep my miles alive, but it takes a long time to post.

Too bad the miles expire in one year instead of three now.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 8:19 pm

Programs: Mexicana, Aeromexico, AA, Continental, Fiesta Americana, Mayan Palace, Priority Club
I didn't knew about this. I had an account with over 140,000 milles which I don't move since april 2006. So I did lost my miles? And why I didn't even received a notice or something?

Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.