Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Super Hot Fare! MIA-BOG RT $205 on VH including taxes while it lasts!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super Hot Fare! MIA-BOG RT $205 on VH including taxes while it lasts!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Super Hot Fare! MIA-BOG RT $205 on VH including taxes while it lasts!

That's right! Miami to Bogota roundtrip on Aeropostal (Venezuela) is an outstanding $205 with taxes. Althought the connecting times in Caracas are 4 to 5 hours in each direction, it's surely worth the price. The reversal is also dirt cheap - only $215. Fare basis is OR03CN4 and it must be booked in "O" class (O as in Oscar). 3 day advance fare required. 60 days maximum stay allowed. Good till next year. I just checked June and it prices the same. Got friends in Bogota with American visas? Tell them to take advantage before this disappears. Or simply visit Bogota and make new friends.

Last edited by dfwtexasusa; Oct 16, 2006 at 2:08 pm Reason: forgot to show fare
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Plat
You sound like an advertisement. I don't know if this is spam, but it does seem like a good deal. I've never flown Aeropostal, however, and am sometimes sketched-out by some lesser known South American airlines (had a bad experience on Lloyd Aereo).
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ceasy
You sound like an advertisement. I don't know if this is spam, but it does seem like a good deal. I've never flown Aeropostal, however, and am sometimes sketched-out by some lesser known South American airlines (had a bad experience on Lloyd Aereo).
I'm not getting any funds for this note. I'm just informing others who are trying to take advantage of some deals. I for one travel to Colombia once a year and I frantically search the lowest fares no matter what city I have to connect in. I have never flown this airline either but if it's similar to Avianca or Aerorepublica then you should be safe. It's also cool to see that others chime in for flights to Colombia.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 4:58 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Not sure if the fare is still live, but a few thoughts:

1. DO go to Colombia. Great people, great food, lots of parks and open space, and a fantastic bus network. I was last there over Memorial Day weekend. The US news media paints a bad picture, but I really enjoyed my visits and plan to go again very soon (like, in 2 weeks if I can). [Aside: I'm doing an award from here since it'll cost $$ to get to MIA, but nice find!]

2. Aeropostal as an airline is OK. Flight from MIA to CCS will likely be a newer A320. Not sure what kind of aircraft they use CCS--BOG and too lazy to check. I had no problems with them.

3. CCS Airport for a few hours: don't leave security or you'll have to pay the airport tax to get back in. Within security the terminal has been redone within the past few years and has a couple dozen shops and a few restaurants... not the most economical of prices, but it could be worse. Nothing like the $8 Burger King meals in SJO.

Any other questions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.