Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Transfer: Varig Gold to p.e. MP?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2006, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Status Transfer: Varig Gold to p.e. MP?

Hi,

I want to transfer my Varig Gold Status, p.e. to MP.
Has anybody here done this before? Is a status transfer (without miles) possible at *A at all?

Thanks,

M.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 10:54 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by Moranguinho
Hi,

I want to transfer my Varig Gold Status, p.e. to MP.
Has anybody here done this before? Is a status transfer (without miles) possible at *A at all?

Thanks,

M.
Status matching within the same alliance is very rare. However, given the curent situation with RG, they may grant you 1P on UA. I would call them up and ask for status match.

p.s. You might get better answer in UA forum.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
As long as RG stays afloat, and they are, there's no reason for any *A carrier to match your *A status.

As is, your *A status is valid.

If you have a business case for UA, they may grant you status there - but again, expect some hard work on the way.

If/when RG goes belly up - that'd be a completely different story.

Currently TAP/Air Canada have formally expressed their interest to acquire RG under a new auction, and have made their due diligences with the judge to express their intents - thus RG going belly up is not in the immediate future.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 1:06 pm

Programs: Varig Smiles - Diamante, LH - Senator, TAP Victoria - Gold
Originally Posted by pb9997
As long as RG stays afloat, and they are, there's no reason for any *A carrier to match your *A status.

As is, your *A status is valid.

If you have a business case for UA, they may grant you status there - but again, expect some hard work on the way.

If/when RG goes belly up - that'd be a completely different story.

Currently TAP/Air Canada have formally expressed their interest to acquire RG under a new auction, and have made their due diligences with the judge to express their intents - thus RG going belly up is not in the immediate future.
Is this TAP/Air Canada interest a "rumor" or is it "official" via a press release? Seems that Carlyle group involvement was all hot air, they officially denied any interest.

Also, after Monday, BR have said they won't supply fuel to Varig unless they pay some bills. I had thought this may have been said to pressure the judge into called the TGV's cards.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SJN2004
Is this TAP/Air Canada interest a "rumor" or is it "official" via a press release? Seems that Carlyle group involvement was all hot air, they officially denied any interest.
TAP/Air Canada are interested under new auction, no willingness to join the new company funded by employees. TAP CEO has been having conversations with BR for fuel to kept be supplied. TAP current CEO was a former RG CEO - he knows the turf.

From: http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/d...1u108585.shtml

O TGV procurou diversos parceiros financeiros para dividir o controle da empresa, como a LanChile e a própria TAP. Desde segunda, discute com a Syn Logística e com a Fontidec Brasil Investimentos, grupo que tem investidores portugueses, brasileiros e americanos. Inicialmente, Lima, da Syn Logística, disse contar com recursos do fundo de investimento Carlyle, que administra mais de US$ 39 bilhões, mas não conseguiu provar que o grupo está disposto a financiar o negócio.

Mesmo valor

Segundo Gomes, o valor da proposta será mantido, mas os interessados trabalham em conjunto para substituir o pagamento em debêntures. Ele destacou ainda o interesse da TAP na compra da Varig. O presidente da companhia portuguesa, Fernando Pinto, já deixou claro que só se interessa pela empresa se houver outro leilão. Ele não quer se juntar ao TGV e mantém conversas com a AirCanada e com o fundo de investimento Brookfield para a formação de um consórcio.

Pelo menos até o próximo sábado, a Varig tem combustível garantido para voar. Uma intervenção de Pinto na BR Distribuidora teria sido um dos motivos que levaram a estatal a dar mais prazo para a Varig.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
@ kkjay77 and pb9997: Thank you, so I will wait Varig blowing up!
Old Jun 18, 2006, 8:09 am

Programs: Varig Smiles - Diamante, LH - Senator, TAP Victoria - Gold
Originally Posted by pb9997
TAP/Air Canada are interested under new auction, no willingness to join the new company funded by employees. TAP CEO has been having conversations with BR for fuel to kept be supplied. TAP current CEO was a former RG CEO - he knows the turf.

From: http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/d...1u108585.shtml
I read article that also, but it also mentions the Carlyle group who have since said explicitly that they haven't and don't have any interest in Varig. Brings into question the rest of the information in that news report.

I was just wondering if TAP were on record as saying these things, rather than some journalist "guessing".

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.