Wiki Posts
Search

Aerolineas Argentinas Partners?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2002, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Aerolineas Argentinas Partners?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any airlines which you can accure miles on Aerolineas Argentinas other than their own program?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 2, 2002, 7:21 am

It used to be AA. However, that alliance has been discontinued.

I don't think that Aerolineas has any partnerships currently... (You can only accrue miles in their own program.)

Old Sep 2, 2002, 7:29 am
Original Poster

OK, now the battle is trying to read their website in english!! anyone had any luck? http://www.aerolineas.com
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:12 am

kawoh,

I read about the AR Plus FF program and Aerolineas Argentinas doesn't have a partner.

However, under an recent agreement with TAM (Transportes Aereos del Mercosur) AR Plus members can receive miles for service between Buenos Aires and Asuncion. Unfortunately even though you can accumulate points for this route, you're unable to use the points for free travel on this route.

[This message has been edited by eperaltaotero (edited 09-03-2002).]
Old Mar 11, 2004, 10:22 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

If I read their Internet web site correctly, their only current airline partner is Spanair.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
No self respecting airline would *want* to partner with Aerolineas - it's one of the worst in the world.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Skyteam would beg to differ..

Than again, it's not nicknamed ScaryTeam for nothing..
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA,US,AR,Hyatt, Hilton, holidayinn/AR Plus, DiscoPlus& JumboMas
Originally Posted by tangfish
No self respecting airline would *want* to partner with Aerolineas - it's one of the worst in the world.
When did you fly AR?

My last couple flights inside Argentina, were on time, and a great service, specially on the newer E190, and very friendly F/A I cannot say the same on a US carrier, and AA is further below human dignity, I have shifted my business from AA/AMR to UA/CO.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:00 am

Exclamation problems with 3 out 4 flights with aerolineas argentinas (AR)

Originally Posted by mlibers
When did you fly AR?

My last couple flights inside Argentina, were on time, and a great service, specially on the newer E190, and very friendly F/A I cannot say the same on a US carrier, and AA is further below human dignity, I have shifted my business from AA/AMR to UA/CO.
i flew with AR recently. out of four flights only one was ok; one was cancelled completely, one had 2.5h delay and one had a 4h delay!!

i will never fly aerolineas again. they didn't even apologize for the cancelled flight (i was completely on my own to be rebooked to another airline) and not one word about "sorry for the 4 hours delay". any other normal/alliance airline would have at least done that!

if they join skyteam (as they apparently do in 2012), i wonder how long they will remain in there; my guess is that they will be kicked out at some point. many locals told me that because they are government-owned, they can do whatever they want, e.g. cancel flights if the plane isn't fully booked or delay them forever if another route makes more profit and therefore they decide to re-allocate the plane (that's when they give the reason "lack of equipment" if you ask why there is a 4h delay or why the flight has been cancelled completely without advanced notification)!

don't fly aerolineas argentinas!

Last edited by itscooper; Sep 19, 2011 at 11:16 am
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Originally Posted by mlibers
When did you fly AR?

I had about six flights on AR in Feb of 2011, so pretty recently. I agree that AA is to be avoided if possible, and is the worst of the major US carriers, but Aerolineas is in a class of its own in terms of the worst airlines. At least the crappy US airlines are subject to legislation and FAA regulations in terms of how bad they can treat passengers. With AR, the government *is* the airline, and so they have no disincentive to be a craptastic carrier of the worst breed.

don't fly aerolineas argentinas!

I agree completely!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
The truth makes this great ad all the more poignant:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjZpgvSZzE
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by kawoh
Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any airlines which you can accure miles on Aerolineas Argentinas other than their own program?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry but bumping up to the original topic, anyone know if there are any airlines which one can accrue miles on AR other than their own programme?

Despite the bad press, I have no other effective choice than have to make a few domestic Argentine domestic flights in the near future.

I understand that AR has applied for join SkyTeam but that process seems to take forever to materialise!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
AR and AA both suck, lousy airlines with nasty employees. I was a status member with AA and dumped them a long time ago. AR, they have miserable old beaches who will not retire even if they have been certifed to retire.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Sorry but bumping up to the original topic, anyone know if there are any airlines which one can accrue miles on AR other than their own programme?
I'm afraid you're out of luck. They don't even list DL as a partner on their website despite the new codeshares.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I'm afraid you're out of luck. They don't even list DL as a partner on their website despite the new codeshares.
Well, if they have any flights that are codeshared by Delta, then you could presumably earn Delta by booking the Delta codeshares. However, I presume only a small subset of their flights are codeshared with Delta. Certainly, Delta.com can't even figure out an internal Argentinian airport code like IGR (which, btw, AA.com can because they partner with LAN).

(It's IGR-SLA where I'm considering flying Aerolineas Argentinas, given that they fly nonstop for a lot less money than the connection via AEP on LAN, and even if there's a long delay, it sounds far preferable than spending 24 hours or whatever on buses, including having to change buses in the middle of the night.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.