Search

JFK-RIO DEAL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2002, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen
JFK-RIO DEAL

Can anyone help me with the following:

I am contemplating on taking advantage of a pretty good deal to Rio.
FWIW:
-JFK-RIO-JFK $599 + tax on VARIG (must leave on Tuesday otherwise surcharge of up to $80)
-3 night stay at the "Savoy"
-includes airport transfer
-Offer valid until November 30, 2002.

But, all depends on the following: does VARIG credit miles to all booking classes and if so, how many miles do you get out of the whole thing?
Thank you!
BT
PS Does anyone know anything about the "Savoy"- I'm sure it's not related to the one in London ?
Old Jul 20, 2002, 1:26 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
One question is which airline do you want to credit the miles to. For example, Varig credits 100% miles to UA for all flights, even airpasses and internet specials. Not sure about consolidator tickets. Where did you find this offer?
Old Jul 20, 2002, 10:08 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Usually Varig does credit the miles; However I'd read through their advertisement and would call them up to be on the safe side.

Hotels for Tourists in Rio are either by the beach (Atlantica Avenue in Copacabana or Ipanema) or nearby.

This hotel is parallel to Atlantica Avenue. It means you're one block from the beach. Lots of heavy traffic in this Avenue.

Knowing Othon I'd say be prepared for a basic hotel that will cover your very basic needs. Don't expect anything fancy. Take huge advantage from the current huge devaluation of Brazilian Real to US Dollar and be prepared to do a lot of interesting shopping and enjoy gorgeous food at fancy restaurants.

http://www.blameitonrio4travel.com/h...thon/savoy.htm
Old Jul 22, 2002, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen
Thank you both for your input.
braslvr:
I plan to credit the miles to my LH account, but will triple check that the specific booking class iseligable.
I saw the ad in the NYT on 7/14 1-(866) N-Y-T-O-R-I-O.
pb997:
Savoy looks fine for 3 nights as long as your not on the ground floor.
Happy travels-
BT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.