Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico MEX-EZE in Premier Class - reviews? Service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

Thinking about flying LAX-MEX-EZE - normally i fly United and Star Alliance partners, but a friend said he thought AeroMexico had a good Business class service to Buenos Aires

Can anyone shed insight?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I've flown SFO/MEX/EZE many times on AM, although it has been a while.

Pluses:
It is really the most direct routing.
If you get a 789 MEX/EZE, it is a quite comfortable ride. Can't say that for the 788 (which is ok at 2-2-2, but not great). 789 has a self-service bar / snack area set up.
DL lounge @ LAX is very nice.

Neutral - F&B and inflight service is meh to decent, so it may be a wash between UA and AM. AM has seatback IFE even on the narrow-bodies, and the seats are more comfortable than UA's narrowbody seats.

Minuses:
MEX has no sterile transit. Everyone goes through immigration and customs. Fortunately, bags are now checked thru. (You used to have to wait for bags and re-drop). Then you go up through security back to the departure area. This process can take between 20 and 90+ minutes, unpredictably so.
AM lounges @ MEX are overcrowded noisy messes. Some people love them. I'm not "some people." The AX lounge, if you have access, is better. But there is typically a line.
MEX is an overcrowded, delay-prone dump.
AM is an unethical piece of caca business operation. If there aren't any IROPS, you may actually find the experience not unpleasant. If anything goes wrong, make sure your preferred deity is on speed dial.
jjbiv, caseminole, gobaers and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I've flown SFO/MEX/EZE many times on AM, although it has been a while.

Pluses:
It is really the most direct routing.
If you get a 789 MEX/EZE, it is a quite comfortable ride. Can't say that for the 788 (which is ok at 2-2-2, but not great). 789 has a self-service bar / snack area set up.
DL lounge @ LAX is very nice.

Neutral - F&B and inflight service is meh to decent, so it may be a wash between UA and AM. AM has seatback IFE even on the narrow-bodies, and the seats are more comfortable than UA's narrowbody seats.

Minuses:
MEX has no sterile transit. Everyone goes through immigration and customs. Fortunately, bags are now checked thru. (You used to have to wait for bags and re-drop). Then you go up through security back to the departure area. This process can take between 20 and 90+ minutes, unpredictably so.
AM lounges @ MEX are overcrowded noisy messes. Some people love them. I'm not "some people." The AX lounge, if you have access, is better. But there is typically a line.
MEX is an overcrowded, delay-prone dump.
AM is an unethical piece of caca business operation. If there aren't any IROPS, you may actually find the experience not unpleasant. If anything goes wrong, make sure your preferred deity is on speed dial.
Good wrap up!

One routing LAX-MEX-EZE has a long layover (9 hours), but the one-way price is $1560. I am not sure what aircraft the MEX-EZE route is, will def check.

Most important to me is a good lie flat, basic amenities, half way decent food options. For $1560 in international business, i think its a good chance I will try it soon.

One negative is that I dont earn any UA points, they'll got to my Delta account which is sparce and hardly used
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole
Good wrap up!

One negative is that I dont earn any UA points, they'll got to my Delta account which is sparce and hardly used
If you have any European travel plans, why not AF/KL Flying Blue instead? This route would be most of the way to Silver, and the miles are useful since every card point can become FB miles. Friends don't let friends collect DL pesos, even if they're spending actual pesos.
caseminole likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gobaers
If you have any European travel plans, why not AF/KL Flying Blue instead? This route would be most of the way to Silver, and the miles are useful since every card point can become FB miles. Friends don't let friends collect DL pesos, even if they're spending actual pesos.
Will consider !
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will consider !
But also consider if you will want any DL status if you regularly fly to EZE and/or within South America, as LATAM has been treating the DL FFers pretty well.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
But also consider if you will want any DL status if you regularly fly to EZE and/or within South America, as LATAM has been treating the DL FFers pretty well.
I'm super close to Million Miler on United
RFNJ likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm super close to Million Miler on United
Don't know why I hear Shania Twain singing "That Don't Impress Me Much" in the background

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.