Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Would I earn AA miles on a GOL marketed, Aerolineas Argentinas flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...

Booking a flight from Porto Alegre, Brazil to Buenos Aires and was hoping maybe Delta or AA would give me the flight with miles but nah. I can book this flight through Aerolineas Argentina directly OR through GOL, but ultimately, Argentinas is the operator. My intuition suggests if I book on GOL, select to earn AA miles, I won't earn any because they didn't operate the flight. But AA is my main program, by far. Alternatively I can book on Argentinas, and surely earn a few Delta miles, that I guess I'll use, eventually.

Anyone actually tried this or experimented?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No. You can't earn miles when the operator isn't a partner.

If it's the same price, you should always avoid the codeshare...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.