Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Seating options with a sky team award ticket on Aeromexico - Can I pay for exit row?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating options with a sky team award ticket on Aeromexico - Can I pay for exit row?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum

I am looking at using Virgin Atlantic miles to purchase economy tickets on Aeromexico. I believe the award tickets into the X classic economy fare class that comes with a standard seat in advance. I prefer an exit row seat. Once I have the record locator will I be able to pay for an exit row ticket?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by entrada
I am looking at using Virgin Atlantic miles to purchase economy tickets on Aeromexico. I believe the award tickets into the X classic economy fare class that comes with a standard seat in advance. I prefer an exit row seat. Once I have the record locator will I be able to pay for an exit row ticket?
Yes. Once you have the record locator you can go to the Aeromexico app and select your seat and pay for it. One “trick” I would try is if you have Sky Team Elite plus status ( I have it with Delta and AF ) try changing the frequent flier number to that one and see if you can’t choose the exit row seat for free. This has worked for me in the past regardless of how I booked the AM ticket.
entrada likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.