Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

aerolineas argentinas changed all my tickets without any alert

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)

hello all,
as the title says. around end of november I reserved 4 internal flights in Argentina with aerolineas. today I checked my flights and they are all changed, I never received any email about the change.
what's worse is that the new flights don't make any sense, e.g. as it stands I would arrive in Iguazu after having left from Iguazu 3 hours before.
what's even worse is that if I want to change the tickets I need to pay the difference.

is it... normal? it's the first time I see something similar happen, to this extent. the call center has been unhelpful, I cannot get my tickets reimbursed.
aside of blocking the payments with amex - although it's late now - I am not exactly sure what to do. any idea?
thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2023, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
update; nm I tried calling several call centers and finally I got lucky, tickets changed. still not a good feeling / good experience.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Argentina has ZERO consumer protection rules regarding domestic flights.

The local airlines can and do change your flights from an ideally-timed one to a 5 am flight 2 days later. And there's little you can do about it if no alternatives are available. (except chargeback with your foreign credit card provider)

Many of my Argentine friends and acquaintances complain about this regularly...
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Is this normal? Yes, they are a terrible airline and rarely notify you of any change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.