Wiki Posts
Search

AEP International Departures?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
AEP International Departures?

Has anyone flown internationally out of AEP lately? Experiences with checkin? Security? Immigration?

I am flying AR to GIG on Monday at 07:55 and wondering how early to get to AEP.

Many Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Originally Posted by seattleBH
Has anyone flown internationally out of AEP lately? Experiences with checkin? Security? Immigration?

I am flying AR to GIG on Monday at 07:55 and wondering how early to get to AEP.

Many Thanks.
We flew AEP-PDP recently. We were in premium econ, so it did give us access to Sky Priority check in. Regardless, I found the airport to be quick and easy to navigate, specifically on the small international side. There are so few international flights that security and immigration were just a few minutes to get through. Our flight was in the early afternoon (so not morning). That may make a difference (at least for check-in). I would say from drop off to airside is probably no more than 30 minutes (assuming its similar to what we experienced). Hope this helps.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I've not flown AEP since BC. But the security and immigration have been quick, giving you more than ample time in the Egalitarian Lounge. The AEP quilombo is usually at and around the check-in / bag drop counters. (I've never left AEP that early, so I've no idea if there's an early flight bank - you can check out the AA2000 website to get an idea of how many int'l departures in the AM.)
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
I can now update my own question.

Departed AEP today at 0755hrs. Arrived at airport at 0615. Nobody ahead of me in Sky Priority line. Security was a 3 minute wait. Immigration was a 5 minute wait. I was sitting having coffee next to gate 19 at 0630. The only real surprise was how long it took to get to the airport from Palermo SOHO. It is a solid 30 minutes - even at 6am. The roadways leading to the terminal are a mess and you have to drive past the terminal and double back to get to the drop off.

Thanks to posters above for you advice.
AA EXP DFW-LON likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.