Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Volaris prices direct now missing from google flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Has anyone else noticed this? The prices to book direct with volaris now seem to be missing from Google Flights - you will get the message "Visit site for price" or "Call to book" when looking at flights. Could they be trying to do the same as Southwest? However the OTAs still show prices......
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:09 pm

I see the same thing. This is strange -- I'm not sure why Volaris would pull their direct pricing from Google Flights but allow OTAs to still publish their pricing. I would think this indicates a technical issue more than an intentional act but Volaris certainly would prefer customers book directly at a lower cost than via an OTA or GDS. You could try asking Volaris via email or Twitter/Facebook but I wouldn't hold my breath for an informative response.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjbiv
I see the same thing. This is strange -- I'm not sure why Volaris would pull their direct pricing from Google Flights but allow OTAs to still publish their pricing. I would think this indicates a technical issue more than an intentional act but Volaris certainly would prefer customers book directly at a lower cost than via an OTA or GDS. You could try asking Volaris via email or Twitter/Facebook but I wouldn't hold my breath for an informative response.
Ah I see you too have had to contact volaris before.....

Yeah I guess it can't hurt but pretty sure it will fall on deaf ears.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:40 pm

Have you signed up to recieve Volaris' emails and followed them on social media? That's where I usually find the best deals anyway. They have some good app-exclusive deals, too. If you keep an eye on their sales you can make out like a bandit. Ditto for Viva Aerobus, although Volaris usually wins for my needs.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjbiv
Have you signed up to recieve Volaris' emails and followed them on social media? That's where I usually find the best deals anyway. They have some good app-exclusive deals, too. If you keep an eye on their sales you can make out like a bandit. Ditto for Viva Aerobus, although Volaris usually wins for my needs.
Yeah I get the emails - but I always like to look on google flights at the map first to see if things are headed up or down. Sometimes it's more of a "sale" than a sale.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Looks like they maybe fixed the glitch? I am seeing direct prices again now....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.