Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gol - online payment glitches

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Gol - online payment glitches

From my experience, paying Gol tickets online has been hit and miss since quite a while. Issues went from not accepting foreign cc's to insisting on a 3 digit CVC while some card providers use 4 digit CVC's. Also, PayPal is offered but not working. No way to get them on the phone.
Is it only me or are others struggling as well? Never had such issues in North America, Europe or Asia.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:11 pm

I was paying for checked luggage on GOL flight (the ticket being a TK issued award) and as you experienced they seemed to be requiring a Brazilian credit card (or at least, billing address). I just entered a random address and my US (Chase) Visa CC info. They processed the payment - which I believe was a charge for $18 BRL - and provided me a receipt for that amount but it charged my card $18 USD.

After my flight I called Chase to dispute the charge of dollars vs the BRL on their receipt and Chase just gave me a refund without, to my knowledge, taking the matter up with GOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.