Wiki Posts
Search

MEX @ 4am

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
MEX @ 4am

What is immigration like at this hour? Arriving from LHR on AM8 at just before 4am. I know a number of the European flights land at that hour. Trying to figure out if I have time to nip into town for tacos/breakfast before a connecting flight to US.
Old May 27, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by marks88
What is immigration like at this hour? Arriving from LHR on AM8 at just before 4am. I know a number of the European flights land at that hour. Trying to figure out if I have time to nip into town for tacos/breakfast before a connecting flight to US.
I would NOT leave the airport without determining the status of transit to/from the airport. Especially as this just occurred (found an English article). https://www.mazatlanweekly.com/2022/...t-app-drivers/

I don't know how much connection time you have, but plan on a good hour (and it could take 10 or 15 minutes) from disembarkation to in a taxi. (Also, consider where you might want to find your tacos at 6am ... you may or may not be disappointed.)
Old May 29, 2022, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I would NOT leave the airport without determining the status of transit to/from the airport. Especially as this just occurred (found an English article). https://www.mazatlanweekly.com/2022/...t-app-drivers/

I don't know how much connection time you have, but plan on a good hour (and it could take 10 or 15 minutes) from disembarkation to in a taxi. (Also, consider where you might want to find your tacos at 6am ... you may or may not be disappointed.)
Sorry but Uber (I dont use Didi, it's ran by the ccp) is safer and cheaper than a cab in most cases. Cabbies can kick rocks. It's called capitalism. Either up your game or go home.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Milesaway76
Sorry but Uber (I dont use Didi, it's ran by the ccp) is safer and cheaper than a cab in most cases. Cabbies can kick rocks. It's called capitalism. Either up your game or go home.
I was referring to a generic hired vehicle, not specifically discussing the merits or demerits of taking any particular one. (I've never taken a street Taxi in Mexico City ever, in 30-ish years of travel there. I do take the airport services where you pay inside at the booth.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.