Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Breeze Airways announcing Destinations tomorrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breeze Airways announcing Destinations tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2021, 5:16 pm

https://simpleflying.com/breeze-airw...ional-flights/

The new entrant, whose first commercial flight took off nearly two months ago, has put out a request for proposals to airports for service to the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and Western Europe
Perhaps with the high cost structure, not surprising that Canada is not being considered right now.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by m907
Has anyone else flown on Breeze since the first week? I'm curious what their routine service is like.
Interested in the same thing. Any recent Breeze reports?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Interesting tweet and comments below it

Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:26 pm
Suspended

TPG posted this article a few hours ago.

Breeze pares its schedule in first major adjustment since its launch

https://thepointsguy.com/news/breeze...cy-reductions/
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by m907
Has anyone else flown on Breeze since the first week? I'm curious what their routine service is like.
Originally Posted by geckoflyer
Interested in the same thing. Any recent Breeze reports?
I flew them on 8/1 from PVD-ORF

They had one agent working the counter. He was aloof and not very friendly.

The plane came in a little late but they turned it around fast. Boarding was chaotic and there was no enforcement of group numbers.

The flight was about 70% full. My seat was in the forward part of the cabin which has extra legroom.

I was not surprised there was only water to drink but I was surprised to get two snack options. Overall a pleasant flight.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Interesting article in Airline Weekly. May require subscription or access to limited free articles.

Neeleman Startup Breeze Focuses on Operations After Less-Than-Perfect Launch

August 18, 2021 - Edward Russell

QUOTES:

“We probably bit off a bit more than we could chew at the beginning,” Neeleman told Airline Weekly. “We got it done, [but] it wasn’t perfect.”
The airline is focused on running its current schedule reliably and inducting the Airbus A220 into its fleet, the first of which is due in October. It closed $200 million in additional Series B equity funding on August 18, bringing its total startup capital to more than $300 million. That’s plenty of cash to weather additional losses — something Neeleman expects in 2021 before Breeze becomes “solidly profitable” in 2022 — and fund future growth, for example opportunistically buying used E-Jets as they come on the market.
When Breeze does begin flying the A220, it plans to operate four aircraft and launch multiple markets at once. The aircraft will be laid out in a dual-class configuration — the specifics of which Neeleman is mum on — with additional inflight amenities, including pre-flight meal ordering through its app and Wi-Fi connectivity. Breeze has firm orders for 60 A220-300s."

Full article

https://airlineweekly.com/2021/08/ne...erfect-launch/
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Tempting to fly Breeze from CMH to MSY, but the flight schedule is unusable. CMH-MSY leaves CMH at 10:45 AM on Fridays and returns MSY-CMH at 7:00 PM Mondays. I can't take two days off of work for a MSY trip, which I can usually do in a weekend. Also, if anything happens to your return flight, you're just stranded in MSY for a week. No thanks
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:30 pm
Suspended

QUOTES:

"The first of the carrier’s new A220s was delivered last month and Breeze anticipates having 15 of the type in service by year-end. They will be used “primarily for longer-haul flights, including transcontinental service,” the airline says.

Breeze will launch the aircraft on routes from Tampa, Florida to nine cities on 4 May, and plans to successively fly A220s to more destinations until the end of June.

Breeze’s A220-300 aircraft will feature a dynamic seating plan which can be customised for seasonality, or by route,” the carrier adds. “The A220s will feature a range between 10 and 45 extra-legroom seats and 80 standard-legroom seats, all in a two-by-three configuration. The aircraft also will be outfitted with between 12 and 36 first-class seats in a two-by-two configuration.” All seats will have in-seat power and USB ports."

https://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/breeze-to-introduce-airbus-a220-on-17-routes-in-q2/147181.article
N830MH likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:25 pm

Breeze is down to 58 line pilots now and canceling a large number of flights. Check your flight status before heading to the airport.

Last edited by Jeff767; Feb 13, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Old May 22, 2022, 12:02 pm

Just booked an F “nicest” ticket on the A220 TPA-CHS in July. Excited to try the product out.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Want to fly them SFO-HPN later this year, but looks like they might not have Wi-Fi installed by then on the A220s.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301497436.html
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Appears they are delaying HPN-LAX since I was going to book last week for end of October and when I logged on today to finally book it is now showing Nov. 2 as the first date you can book.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:13 pm

Been following a thread on Airliners about their recent ops and it’s a disaster. Looks like they finally reeled in the schedule to try and clean up their operation.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Appears they are delaying HPN-LAX since I was going to book last week for end of October and when I logged on today to finally book it is now showing Nov. 2 as the first date you can book.
I sure hope that they load enough fuel on the HPN-LAX flight:

The Breeze website indicates that the flight distance is just 1,019 nautical miles; in actuality, it's more than twice that! Oops.

Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:42 pm

Any recent new on Breeze? I have an upcoming project and it looks like the best way to travel there is to use Breeze. Unfortunately it looks like the route I need and they announced MSY-JAX has been delayed and won't start until October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.