Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico LHR-MEX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Aeromexico LHR-MEX

AM has continuously scheduled and , understandably, canceled the resumption of London-Mexico City service. It's now scheduled to resume 31 October. Anyone have any information that helps confirm or deny this? My daughter has a flight she needs to take the third week of November.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
No idea about the AM flight. But BA is operating a direct flight several times per week and has been doing so throughout most of the pandemic. So I guess if you daughter has to travel to London (and is allowed to enter the UK), I guess BA is the easiest option.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I can't imagine depending on AM when there is perfectly good and operational service already.

Ultimately nobody can predict what conditions will exist in the future but if you are looking for the best odds, BA it ought to be.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

She has a ticket purchased in February on AM, so it's a crap-shoot whether it's going to happen. Her ultimate destination is CUN, so there are other options but having to buy another J ticket while already holding one is a hard decision.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by swiss_global
No idea about the AM flight. But BA is operating a direct flight several times per week and has been doing so throughout most of the pandemic. So I guess if you daughter has to travel to London (and is allowed to enter the UK), I guess BA is the easiest option.
Ba didn't operate route between April and last week, except a one off day in July. It's back running now with very low loads of 25 to 50. Hopefully it sticks. Will aeromexico not reroute via AMS or CDG? If it's ex-EU does EU261 not oblige them to?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTmex
Ba didn't operate route between April and last week, except a one off day in July. It's back running now with very low loads of 25 to 50. Hopefully it sticks. Will aeromexico not reroute via AMS or CDG? If it's ex-EU does EU261 not oblige them to?
One can only hope, but dealing with AM can be very difficult.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Legal obligations and what AM will do have no relation to each other.
TTmex and fifty_two like this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:01 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
aeromexico not reroute via AMS or CDG
AM can reroute on any routes/airlines , as long as it starts from LON to CUN , unless she agrees on some changes or unexpected situations occur

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 10, 2020 at 10:16 am
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

They have cancelled the outbound (but rescheduled the return-??) Decided to just get another flight on American and work out something else with AM.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:39 am

wrong thread
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
My AM trip to LHR in March of 22 has been cancelled. I'm suprised that they've pulled it so far in advance. It doesn't bode well for AM to reenter the UK market.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:32 am

Nothing much bodes well for AM other than getting their Chapter 11 restructuring approved. They've lost a huge chunk of the domestic market to Volaris and their reputation is in tatters after the appalling way they treated customers during the pandemic. They effectively stole thousands of dollars from people, for example, they are still refusing to let people with tickets for London from early 2020 get a refund or anything other than a voucher they can use on the London route, which it doesn't even fly to. I almost spat my coffee out a few months back when I saw the Chief Customer Experience Officer of AM had been invited as a keynote speaker to the top Latin Amiercan MBA programme. Makes you wonder what example they want to set these people paying 50k plus for an MBA.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, BA Amex PP
I've had tickets since 18 months ago which i keep changing and they keep cancelling. The last booking was supposed to be for 15th December which was cancelled on Sunday. I called yesterday to reschedule and apparently they do not anticipate to resume service until at least Easter. I have managed to change my booking to reroute through AMS as i do not trust they will resume service.
TTmex likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by acbs
I've had tickets since 18 months ago which i keep changing and they keep cancelling. The last booking was supposed to be for 15th December which was cancelled on Sunday. I called yesterday to reschedule and apparently they do not anticipate to resume service until at least Easter. I have managed to change my booking to reroute through AMS as i do not trust they will resume service.
Out of curiosity, did they reroute you for free or did they expect you to pay the AMS-LHR leg? I've heard of plenty being told they need to pay the additional fee.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, BA Amex PP
Out of curiosity, did they reroute you for free or did they expect you to pay the AMS-LHR leg? I've heard of plenty being told they need to pay the additional fee.
Reroute was free of charge. In the past when I have tried to make this change they would only rebook the AMS-MEX a they couldn't guarantee the KLM flight would depart and therefore the flight was not protected so did not proceed. On this occasion I just asked to be rerouted and they did it, for both legs no questions. Maybe I got lucky.
TTmex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.