Search

How to use an Aeromexico Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:17 am
tor
Original Poster

How to use an Aeromexico Voucher

Hello,

I had flights booked with Aeromexico. Due to Covid, they agreed to issue a voucher. I got an email with a pdf that reads: Información:
THANK YOU TO CHOOSE AEROMEXICO VOUCHER TKT APPLIED COVID 19 PROTECVALID ONE YEAR FROM TODAY

The email also has the original booking reference on it. How do I use this voucher? The agent said I could use it online, but it is unclear how I would do so.

How do I use my voucher?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
When you search for a flight on aeromexico.com it will show 'add promo code' on the options (See picture). That's where you can use the voucher code.

Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:34 am
tor
Original Poster

Thanks, but I don't seem to have a voucher code in the email. I only have by booking reference and the ticket number. Does one of those numbers become the voucher code?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Oh, Aeromexico. Any luck?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:03 am

Programs: Delta
Question Refund for an AeroMexico voucher purchased through a Delta Amex?

I'm a Delta SkyMiles member and have the Delta Amex card. In mid January, I booked a March trip with my Delta Amex to Mexico City through Aeromexico since I could choose my seat through them and not when booking through Delta. Fast forward to March and Coronavirus is in full swing and traveling was out of the question. I called Aeromexico and asked for a refund but they only offered me a voucher worth what I paid that was good until October 31st (and the flight had to be completed by that date, too). They then extended it to a year from when I was originally supposed to fly. I don't really want to take this trip anymore and would much rather get my money back. I called one more time a few months ago asking about a refund and the guy on the phone basically said they don't really do refunds and the best he could do was give me an email for the complaints department and maybe try to go through them. Do I have any shot of actually getting a refund for this voucher? Does their filing for bankruptcy make it even worse of a chance? Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FT! I don't think you can get a refund for a trip you don't wish to take. If the airline had cancelled the flight, you may have a better chance, but a voucher is certainly a good gesture. Perhaps your travel insurance might help you out, but a disinclination to travel is usually not a valid reason.
kthomas likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: LH FTL, AY+ Gold, BAEC Silver, AF FB
Using this older thread to post my question Aeromexico's electronic vouchers (EMD).
Have two of those for +1 and myself with validity until October this year. While we do have plans on using the vouchers for AM flights, I don't think the entire voucher amount will be used up by the bookings (and we don't intend to buy the expensive fares only to use it all). AM's website states that: "Once finished, any remaining balance will be transferred to a new electronic voucher." ... and ... "A new electronic voucher (EMD) will be generated for the remaining value, which can be used for a new reservation through our official channels (website or call center)."

But nowhere I can find information whether such a newly issued voucher would have the old expiration date or whether the clock is reset and I get another year to use up the remaining balance. The Spanish website doesn't go beyond the English information either.
Anyone here who's done that, received a new voucher and can share their feedback?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 16, 2023, 9:43 pm

The new EMD should have the same expiration date.
AxelJF likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.