Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

AM cancellation - MEX-ACA; Voucher only? No refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP

I had booked two tickets (Premier one way, whatever their "extra" class is the other) from MEX to ACA and back.

AM changed my flights and told me to call and confirm the change. I did not want to confirm the change, I wanted a refund. Their agents are telling me "Aeromexico's policy is to not issue refunds, we only offer vouchers". When I press, they hang up.

The tickets were purchased in the US.

I'm trying to figure out whether to press for a refund via AMEX, or to accept their voucher offer. I would rather have a refund, but can't figure out what I'm able to do versus what Aeromexico says I should do.

Anyone?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by embarcadero1
I had booked two tickets (Premier one way, whatever their "extra" class is the other) from MEX to ACA and back.

AM changed my flights and told me to call and confirm the change. I did not want to confirm the change, I wanted a refund. Their agents are telling me "Aeromexico's policy is to not issue refunds, we only offer vouchers". When I press, they hang up.

The tickets were purchased in the US.

I'm trying to figure out whether to press for a refund via AMEX, or to accept their voucher offer. I would rather have a refund, but can't figure out what I'm able to do versus what Aeromexico says I should do.

Anyone?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:29 pm

I was told the same. They cancelled my flight but no refunds, only vouchers. When I pressed he said I can contact customer service via e mail. He said it is because cancellation was due to governmemt restrictions. What a lot of bull! I took the voucher and wrote e mail. Hopeless
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Maybe ask a Mod to merge this with the AM refunds thread? Also, read through that as there is a lot of useful information which may answer your questions.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
Originally Posted by Often1
Maybe ask a Mod to merge this with the AM refunds thread? Also, read through that as there is a lot of useful information which may answer your questions.
Not so much - the other thread involves a ticket purchased from/to the EU and has the support of EU regulations.

This case is much simpler in that it's for travel wholly within Mexico. Because of that, recourse may be more limited.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:56 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by embarcadero1

This case is much simpler in that it's for travel wholly within Mexico. Because of that, recourse may be more limited.
if iam correct you need to check the laws of the point of sales and/or the laws of mexico (as this is domestic flight)
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
If you purchased with a US credit card, then a dispute is probably your only viable option at this point.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that's the direction I've gone. We'll see what AMEX comes up with, but for now, they're asking me whether the flights are refundable, which doesn't give me great hopes & expectations.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 1:22 pm

You can also file a complaint with PROFECO, the Mexican federal consumer regulator (similar to a how a state attorney general helps with consumer issues in the US).
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! That's a great idea.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
so far, Profeco seems to be going a bit soft on the Mexican airlines. I'd definitely file a complaint with them, but I would not count on them to do much to make me whole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.