Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the buzz on Spirit?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
And yet, about 50 flights in w/them over the past three years and it has NEVER HAPPENED
Lucky you. Literally the first time I tried to fly Spirit after they shifted to an ULCC, it ended up being a trip in vain due to IRROPS at ORD (that other airlines seemed to handle just fine).
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by TribalistMeathead
Lucky you. Literally the first time I tried to fly Spirit after they shifted to an ULCC, it ended up being a trip in vain due to IRROPS at ORD (that other airlines seemed to handle just fine).
It can happen, of course, but Spirit operations seem to have gotten better in the last couple of years. They were 89% ontime in October 2018, the highest in the USA. Credit given where it's due.
lowmiles likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:04 pm

It's been a few years since they switched to ULCC.... I've been flying them about 4 years, and in that time they've evolved to such a degree it's not fair to even compare then to now.... vastly more professional now (in flight crew, especially).
Spanish likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:22 pm

I hear you and I'm flying three flights on Spirit in the next month. I have a carry-on which is 23" x 16" x 11"(filled much less than the 4o lb. limit), which is slightly larger than Spirit's 22" x 14" x 10"(close to the industry's average). How likely am I to be forced to pay their excess fee of $50? I flew Eva last year and had no trouble carrying it on the plane..I could, of course, buy a used bag and throw it away when I return...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.