Search

Aeromexico long layover @ MEX question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Aeromexico long layover @ MEX question

Hi there,

I will be flying HAV-MEX-AMS next wee, with a 14hr layover at MEX (arrival 9am, departure 11pm). I booked a hotel in the city. I was wondering 2 things:

1. Is it possible to drop my suitcase at the transfer belt upon passing customs, so that I do not need to carry it with me into the city?
2. Is it possible to get airside, hop by the lounge, go landside/into the city and come back in the evening for my flight?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
1. Is it possible to drop my suitcase at the transfer belt upon passing customs, so that I do not need to carry it with me into the city?

If the bag is tagged through, yes. Just drop it off to the right after you go through customs.

2. Is it possible to get airside, hop by the lounge, go landside/into the city and come back in the evening for my flight?

Not sure. There's no segregation for domestic/international so you aren't in a "already completed departure formalities" area, but I'm not sure where the exit points are for domestic arrivals. Those flights may also be funneled down an arrivals/bag claim area, but again, completely unsure.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
1: I agree with eastbay, and that's what I did last time.

2: yes, you can. There's a security stationed at exit (mostly for staff), they may ask you why, but I explained that I realized I have so many hours until my flight departs and I wanted to go to the city, I was let pass through.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
I also have a 14 hour layover so this is helpful! Thanks! Any suggestions on where to go? It's been forever since I've been to Mexico City.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
I also have a 14 hour layover so this is helpful! Thanks! Any suggestions on where to go? It's been forever since I've been to Mexico City.
with at least 10 hours in hand, you can do almost anything you want. Browse destionation section of ft and Google for some suggestions.

mods, I think this thread should be moved to Mexico section, because these questions are to do more with mex airport, not with am.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Forget reclearing security just to go to the lounge. The lounge food sucks, and is not worth the hassle if you're going into town anyway. Plenty of good and cheap eats in town.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by channa
Forget reclearing security just to go to the lounge. The lounge food sucks, and is not worth the hassle if you're going into town anyway. Plenty of good and cheap eats in town.
I figured it was for a shower, coffee, toilet, etc .... not clear if it was a day room booked in the city or something that wouldn't be available until later in the day.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Hey btw, are there in fact shower at these lounges?

I've been to the AM lounge 2-3 times now on really extended layovers. I just buy access at the door for like $30 without PP membership or anything, it's a steal, gets me out of that crappy/crowded terminal. I have never seen any showers though. I've been to both locations that I'm aware of, sort of a strange setup really. I saw a little spa area once that was closed, but that's about it.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Hey btw, are there in fact shower at these lounges?
The AM shower is in the Spa.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The AM shower is in the Spa.
Is there an extra charge to use it? I would've liked to use it last time I was there since the layover is always really long for me, but the spa seemed to be closed and there wasn't really any info on their website about a shower or the spa exactly at least not that I could find.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No charge. It is Spartan but functional. No hair dryer.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:29 pm

No need for the hair dryer , I'll def be using it next time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.