Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me remember...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD, Starwood/Marriott/RC, Hertz, Avis, AmXP, DC, etc.
Help me remember...

in the 80s, there was a luxury airline that only flew LAX-JFK route, lounge style seating. I can't remember the name of it and have no idea if they are still flying or when they went out of business. Anyone know it? I was thinking it was MGM airline, but a quick search seems to negate that.

Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
From a Wikipedia article on Champion Air. Perhaps you are thinking of this....

" In 1987, MGM Grand Air (IATA: MG, ICAO: MGM, Call sign: Grand Air), a charter airline owned by MGM Mirage,[2] with a focus on operating VIP charters with luxurious aircraft, was established, starting operations in September 1987.[3] Operating Douglas DC-8 and Boeing 727 aircraft in lavish configurations, MGM Grand Air operated charter service as well as scheduled service between Los Angeles International Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York using aircraft with an all premium seating configuration.[[i]citation needed] MGM Grand had its headquarters in El Segundo, California.[4] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champion_Air

And from YouTube...

Last edited by qfrodo; Jul 17, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.